• Soil

Votes: 110 46.4%
  • Hydroponics

Votes: 127 53.6%

• Total voters
Hmm soil vs Hydro

well diff animals, but I did a little test, kinda by accident :smokin:

started some bagseed flowering on 9/1 in hydro
right now there about one week away. Sativa dominant (wanted to be a tree) !
they look good but here's the kicker

I ran out of veg room and decided to throw two of the remaining bagseed outside on 9/15 (yeah yeah I know a little late).

as of today that little outside babe is rockin.......trichs, smell, everything about it is 100%.

so heres my conclusion
all things being equal outdoors will be better in the end

First hand experience is best format for me> having zero zip nada experience yet in hydro, I am preferential to soil and organics. Old habits are hard to re learn> but I am anxious to learn abouth this hydro> soon >

Besides come fall I can't have 10' sativa plants in the house? Now can I? One day I'll figgure out how to post acouple pic's anyways. I'm about worthless on the pc. Stay down, Wood

Im going hydro after just finishing my last grow in dirt. I live in the city and hauling dirt around is a pain in the ass. I cant just drive up a dirt road and chuck the dirt or put it in my backyard(which is a giant parking lot). Hydro you get a higher grams per watt. You can still go organic so I like it.

natural is better. outdoor soil is hands down the best. come grow here and experience the difference for yourself. with tropical soil and sun its ten times easier to coax out the full genetic potential of your crop. im spoiled. lucky to live where i do.

Not since I have gotten a hold of this thread. Hydro is hands down higher yield over soil. The quality can be debated for centuries.

its not all about the yeild to some of us .In hydro a lot of the time you can taste the fert's evan an organic grow.And you are right that it gives you more yeild but in my opinon less quality

My last grow was mainly in hydro but I had some clones left over so I put some in soil and fed them nothing but Earth Juice. They flowered right beside the hydro and all other things being equal including the cure method I couldn't tell the difference between them at all. The only difference I could see was in the yield. I didn't quantitatively measure the difference but you don't need rocket science to see the difference between a mountain and a mole hill. lol

I don't use any harsh chemicals on my plants. Just AN nutes and TLC. Just because something is organic doesn't mean it's better. Soil needs all those amendments so that the plant has optimal conditions to break down the organic stuff to make the base elements and compounds it needs for healthy growth. Quality hydro nutes just cut out all the middle men and gives the plant what it needs. Cyanide is organic too but I wouldn't want to feed it to my plants. :0)

Plus, dirt is just . . . well, dirty. Fine for outside but that's where it belongs IMHO.

Better living through chemistry! My vote is for hydro.

for indoors Hydro...
Outdoors is different no light can compete with da fire in da sky...
Though Imma switch to organics soon not liking that I have to flush...just gotta get my monies worth first.

Hydro has a steep learning curve, but once you've got it, the plants are much more easily optimized than with dirt.

Plus, it's just a lot less dirty than dirt - seriously, no muddy puddles, pots, etc.. easier to keep the bugs out too.

coco is the best IMO,not a lot needed ,nutes don't build up in it ,easy to flush and how else can you grow a clone to full maturity in a four inch deep container :)

I did both soil and hydroponic. the 1st crop was hydro using pure blend pro organic. the herb was sweet to smoke and vaporize. the 2nd was with GH 3-part. my friends enjoyed this crop a lot. I used white rhino in both crops. the buds were heavy.
the 3rd crop was bagseeds in soil. out of the 10 plants only 2 were females and I clone them to make mothers. Plant A was a tripping high. the tease was minty and fresh. Plant B tease very mild and fuel like. the hight was relaxing and slow in coming.

I am back to hydro. I find hydro to be clean and easier to maintain secrecy. Two 5 gallon buckets for refill on an ebb and flow system. I will use GH 3 parts since I got more positive responses.

I grow hydro in Organic nutes and in soil pots indoors. All things being equal to the end I can't tell the difference in the smoke. However, I have grown with reg nutes and it doesn't have the "earthy" taste that the organics and soil do. But I will say that I tend to agree with MM on the outdoor. I have only grown indoors for about a year now, and outdoors for many years and the best I've ever grown has been outdoors. There's just something about mother earth and the natural sunlight that seems to elude me indoors.

Ive grown in soil for the past 8 weeks and have gotten no where compared to other people which grow indoors, even outdoors they beat me in time wise.
I have started a DWC system about a week ago and i see a change in growth already, i will harvest my soil grow in about 2weeks to a month from now and the hydrogrow will be done by then too, so i will tell you what the differences are but now i find soil grow much more relaxing as you can just leave it there for about 3 days and then have a 5 min check and water and then go sleep, relax.etc..
With the first few days of hydro i was proper stressing out, not actually knowing perfectly how it will go, parts of the roots falling off in the washing and knowing they will die, CHAOS! ( they pulled throught by the way).
Its soil for me now but that might change soon.:)

Back
Top Bottom