newbie question

There was a lighting experiment done with auto-flowers.... I'll skip all the extra bs and get to the point.... they found the highest yield and largest, apparently healthiest, plants were had using 12/12 lighting. The other schedules like 24/0, 20/4 gave much smaller plants and about half the yield of 12/12! There was no mention of 18/6 (which is what I am using for veg. but I don't have autos). I hope this helps. :peace:

welcome to :420:

it is a huge debate on the light schedule for autos .. i ran 20/4 with great results . almost 3 ft tal and lil under 3 0zs

check out our AUTOFLOWER specific thread .

Quick question what's best light schedule for auto flowers please

Every Auto-Flower strain is specific to a certain light schedule. Always check the breeders recommended light schedule before choosing your own.

There was a lighting experiment done with auto-flowers.... I'll skip all the extra bs and get to the point.... they found the highest yield and largest, apparently healthiest, plants were had using 12/12 lighting. The other schedules like 24/0, 20/4 gave much smaller plants and about half the yield of 12/12! There was no mention of 18/6 (which is what I am using for veg. but I don't have autos). I hope this helps. :peace:

I didn't realise autos could go straight onto a 12/12 but thinking about it i suppose it makes sense.

I use the Gas Lantern Routine (12/5.5/1/5.5) and so far my plants seem happy enough, but i'm using reg seeds so i need to hour at night to keep them in veg. :)

I didn't realise autos could go straight onto a 12/12 but thinking about it i suppose it makes sense.

I use the Gas Lantern Routine (12/5.5/1/5.5) and so far my plants seem happy enough, but i'm using reg seeds so i need to hour at night to keep them in veg. :)
Doozy... According to the comparison/study, the seeds were put directly into 12/12 and they at least, got their best results with that schedule. I've never grown autos so I don't have any personal experience... but I do have some auto AK's in cold storage for my 2nd grow. :)
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom