A Closet A Light & A Bucket Of Dirt

I guess the only way to get to know a community is to jump right in.
So here goes.

Been growing off and on for around 30 years. Mostly outdoor growing.
I recently lost the luxury of growing outdoors so in the closet I went.

The Closet:
The "tent" is two Mylar emergency blankets hanging on, you guessed it, hangers in the closet.
The blankets are about two dollars each and can be picked up many places.

tent90.jpg

The Light:
Bought from one of the site sponsors, it is a DIY kit from Timber Grow Lights.
250 Watt Cree CXB3590. Five COBs.
The frame was built using twelve dollars worth of angled aluminum.

250w_5_COB.JPG

The Bucket of Dirt:
Current grow is all recycled dirt from previous grows, outside potted plants, coffee grounds the occasional banana peel etc etc.
The next grow I will use Fox Farms Ocean Forest. Been cold and rainy here and I'm not feeling the need to play in the mud.
Besides, I have a bag of it.

bucket10.jpg

The Nutes:
Two Tablespoons Every Other Watering. Buds by Burpee. Lol.

nutes213.jpg

Three or Four Times During Flower - One Teaspoon Per Gallon - 1/3 Strength

nutes113.jpg

I will use fish emulsion during veg if needed. I just don't have any to show you right now.
It is cheap and works really well. It also smells really bad.

Temperature and Humidity:
I like it about 71 degrees Fahrenheit (21.6 Celsius) and about 50 percent humidity.
I get too hot otherwise and I don't like the air too dry.

My current lady is an Incredible Bulk from Dr. Krippling Seeds.
This is Day 50 of flower for her.
She was topped twice and vegged for about five weeks.
Question - Would you still top plants if you could hear them scream?

IB50-31.jpg

IB50-21.jpg

IB50-11.jpg

IB50-41.jpg

On deck is Sugar Black Rose from Delicious Seeds.
She is two days old.

SBRp.jpg

SBR2do1.jpg

You will quite often see that some pics have the stray hair in them that you can see.
Here is the culprit. Just part of the package. Her name is Pepe and she stays.
Pepe is a Papillion and just turned 8 years old.

PP30.jpg

There you have it. I would offer you a chair, but we are in a closet.
There is room for all though. It's a virtual closet.

re: A Closet A Light & A Bucket Of Dirt

@ Feral -
Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate it.
Incredible Bulk is one that I like. It is not the best at anything, but it is really good at everything.

@Pat -
Thanks for coming in the closet!
The breeder has it as a 7-8 week strain. This particular one will be close enough to tip your cap to them.

I can't take a whole lot of credit for this one.
She has been one of those plants that are easy.
I used LST and had to nudge a total of 5 branches to keep the top fairly even.
That's it. She is happy, leave her alone has been a common theme in my head this grow.

Subbed mate.. :passitleft: looking mighty fine... Reps

Hey Ditchweed :), I'm going to stick around to watch this grow. I have to say I think your pretty crafty using the mylar emergency blankets. I would of never thought of that.
I caught myself laughing about finding Pepe's hair in your set-up. I have inherited a 13yr old pekingese (Millie) when my grandmother passed away and every time I go to snap a new picture of my grow I find one of her white hairs. It drives me nuts haha.
So don't mind me, I'll just be leaning against the wall in this closet. :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Mind if I squeeze out a space on the floor over here? I don't need furniture. I've pretty much given up on chairs and the like, so I'm real adaptable. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I must tell you, I actually gasped right out loud at the first glance of your Incredible Bulk. What a lovely figure she is! I like your style too. You had me screaming in laughter there a couple of times. That'll keep me coming back. :laughtwo:

Ok, I have to ask, what happened to cause you to stop growing outdoors? Is this your very first adventure with indoor? You're doin' a damn good job with very little investment. Kuddos, and reps, while I'm at it. I'll try to be quiet now and let you have your closet back. I can be a bit overwhelming sometimes.

Post another picture of Pepe that has cannabis in it. That one's gonna disappear any moment now when David discovers it. You can use it as your avatar, just can't post off-topic pictures in the journals.

If you'd like you can move it to my Spot. I'd be honored to keep her picture there for you. The link is in my signature line.

First of all thank you Sue for dropping by and the friendly advice. It is much appreciated.
I have plenty of pictures of Pepe so I just uploaded a different one.

The Incredible Bulk is quite the girl. I will try to do justice with the next one too.
I go low budget because my whole reason for growing all those years ago was to smoke when I
wanted and stop throwing money hand over fist at it.
I spent money on the most important nutrient - Light. The rest is real seat of my pants type stuff.
What you see before you is my cheapness in action. Lol.

I've grown indoors before, but this is the first time I have grown with a nice light.
It's gone well so far.

Moving strictly indoors is only because I am selling the land that I used to grow.
My father died a while back and my sister and I were left the land. Just a couple of acres.
My sister and I have just addressed this issue. I think that we both wanted to hold on to it but
it just makes no financial sense for either of us. It has been years.

Thanks for the explaination. I get nosey sometimes. :battingeyelashes: :love:

We don't call it cheapness, we call it "frugality." I take great pride in being frugal. It frees up money to spend somewhere else. :laughtwo: I have my own twisted interpretation of frugal. Lol!

Great picture of Pepe, by the way. Had to give you reps for that impressive save. :battingeyelashes:

Lol Sue. I'll go with frugal. If your frugal and you know it clap your hands. :bravo:

Not nosey at all. Different people require different amounts of information to feel comfy.
It's all good.

Pepe was a little grumpy for the pic, but she came through.

@ AngryBird -
Of course I don't mind and Pepe loves attention. Welcome.

@ Islandgrow -
Glad to have you Island and yes that is Pepe with nugs.
I had a different picture to begin with but was told there needed to be cannibis in the picture.
Pep just posed for a new picture and all is good. ( I think).

Back
Top Bottom