4th Grow 12/12 - New Setup

falcore

Hello im starting a journal a little early. im not quite ready to grow yet need to finish my set up.
Hope fully soon if not, then after my next check.
This round im gonna try and see how much i can get outta 3-4 4gal plants. With some 5244 seeds from an older grow.

i will also be experimenting with some hempy minis. I have hemp hurd and perlite that im gonna mix and try to grow in quart containers( empty arizona tea containers. may be move any females to something bigger . im gonna use my green people seeds ( the same seed i used in my last grow ) that is the name i decided for that cross for now since every plant takes on different characteristics just like ppl hahah.

4 the 4gal plants im gonna use fox farm soil with extra perlite. i might cut it with some less expensive stuff if i need to. Then ff grow big and tiger and big bloom if i run out of big bloom im gonna pick up some earth juice bloom.

for he minis im gonna use the same nutes but with a diff ph and mix ratio. not sure how it will go.

here are some pics of the equiptment lol.

these are for the mini hempys the tops will be filled with dirt for germination and the rest will be the hemp and perlite. i will see how each one works.
P101001116.JPG

P101001014.JPG

the new tent frame. it connects at the top and bottom with bolts so i can take it apart and pack it away in between grows. it is 3'x4'x7'.
P101000715.JPG

P101000811.JPG

and this is a silly little table i built outta spare wood from my first grow box. im slowly recycling it.
P101000518.JPG

Re: 4th grow 12/12. new set up.

I'm glad to see this up! Especially so seeing that you counted out 5244 pot seeds...

Looks like a nice size tent to work with. How big was your last?

j4s2u0 welcome
i started skimming over your journal did you change your name from j6s6u6 to what it is now?

welcome rossislaughin
you got hempys cool ill check those out.

Good to see you here raoul
Especially so seeing that you counted out 5244 pot seeds...
haha i think i didnt write that part out very well . that is the name that i gave the strain im gonna grow out. i was a cross between top44 and b-52 the last grow box was 2x2x5 so i should have some nice space for this one i also bought a 4' 215watt t-5. to save some money on electricity untill they start to flower. :tokin:

j4s2u0 welcome
i started skimming over your journal did you change your name from j6s6u6 to what it is now?

welcome rossislaughin
you got hempys cool ill check those out.

Good to see you here raoul

haha i think i didnt write that part out very well . that is the name that i gave the strain im gonna grow out. i was a cross between top44 and b-52 the last grow box was 2x2x5 so i should have some nice space for this one i also bought a 4' 215watt t-5. to save some money on electricity untill theystart to flower. :tokin:

Hey falcore,ya my name had to be changed,it was against the rules or sumthing,no biggy and I like my new name better anyways:)
The new name is j4s2u0,

hey falcore, im excited for yet another project. I just read thru your past journals. Its awesome seeing your technique getting progressively better. I love projects, When do you think the set up will be finished? Also i had a questions, I noticed you using different types of growing. I've heard of topping and lst, but I dont know what scrog is. Can you drop some knowledge on me, Mr. falcore?

Good luck with your new babies

hey falcore, im excited for yet another project. I just read thru your past journals. Its awesome seeing your technique getting progressively better. I love projects, When do you think the set up will be finished? Also i had a questions, I noticed you using different types of growing. I've heard of topping and lst, but I dont know what scrog is. Can you drop some knowledge on me, Mr. falcore?

Good luck with your new babies

Correct me if im wrong but scrog is short for the sea of green method, so maybe youve herd of that greenthumm? It basically is low stress training but your plant, or plants are grown underneath chickenwire, or something similar and you weave the plant through the wire during its growth to get a nice even canopy of nugs!

Ganja Toker, greenthumm welcome,

scrog is .....plants are grown underneath chickenwire or something similar and you weave the plant through the wire during its growth to get a nice even canopy of nugs
exactly ganja but scrog is screen of green. sea of green (sog) is a little different.

I've heard of topping and lst, but I dont know what scrog is. Can you drop some knowledge on me, Mr. falcore?
hey greenthumm scrog is short for Screen of Green like what basicly what ganja toker said. growing though the screen allows all the colas to become one even canopy and then you remove all the lower branches. usually you only scrog with one or two plants. mind you this is only what i have seen and not done. here is a link of a great scrog i followed last year.MJ420's Second - Dutch Passion's Blueberry and Strawberry Cough Fem SCROG unfortunatly he didnt finish his journal all the way but i think he got a good harvest. barring any imperial entanglements :ganjamon: i keep planing to do scrogs to maximize my small grow area but i live in an apartment and if the super needs check or repair something, i need to stash away my babies. so if they are stuck in a screen it would be a bust for sure. even though i got a medi card some places are real iffy about such things. you may have heard of sog which is sea of green. that is a method of growing lots of small plants tightly packed but in separate containers. you usually are focused on the main colas so im not sure if lsting falls into the textbook sog category. having typed that out im not sure i have done eaither hahah so ya im kinda of a lair or at least a flaky bastard when it comes to what i plan and what i do. hahaah BTW my father is Mr. Falcore hahaha you can just call me falcore or the falcore haha :tokin:

Screen of Green! haha, I get all stoned and mix things up on accident, at least you knew what I ment but thank you for the correction Falcore! Im here along for the show :roorrip:

hey every body sorry i haven't posted lately but i have some bad news well not bad but lame. im gonna have to put my original plans on hold till late winter or early spring. i have a vacation planned for Feb. and i have yet to start my grow. i took too long to get the equipment together that i wanted. im still trying to save for a nice exhaust fan so i don't have to use the window fans from my past grows. so instead im gonna make a little set up to try out the hemp/perlite medium which i will get started in about a week or 2 after the super fixes some stuff in my place. sorry about flaking but i want to get my original set up together and done right. i will keep you posted.

ps is it possible to change the name of the thread at this point?
:tokin:

well the lagging continued and i fell too far behind even for a little grow. so i will be back on track after feb 2011 untill then...........

PS to the mods if you dont mind i would like you to allow this thread to stay open. i will come back to it when i can get my project off the ground or out of the ground hahah thanx :tokin:

hey every one. So im half way through getting to my new set up. :grinjoint: So far i have built a small veg box for sprouting cloning and a mother plant. I have 7 seeds starting, one master kush, 3 skunk#1 , and 3 5244 in there now. they are in mini hempies. Im using hemp hurd and perlite mix for the medium with a couple of inches of ffof soil on top. The containers are about a quart. Im going to use a TFR mixed into water for feeding it is Kellogg brand organic 4-6-3 it also contains all the micro nutrients. I bought it at home depot for about 7$. I still need an exhaust fan for my new flowering area but i figure i have at least 20-30 days b4 i will need to move the plants into it.

this is what the hemp hurd looks like
P10100266.JPG

P101002011.JPG

veg box pics
P10100284.JPG

P10100356.JPG

P10100327.JPG

hope fully i will have my whole set up complete by march :tokin:

So 5 outta 7 spouted and i replanted one with a green people seed. they ended up stretching a bit. I have them propped up closer to the bulbs now and i will see if that is close enough to stop the stretch
I might change the nutes im using i will give them another try but they smell soo strong im not sure i can take it being my set up is in my room. here are some pics

i mixed up the containers b4 i labeled them so i will have to wait and see what is what.
P101000519.JPG

P101000413.JPG

P101000310.JPG

P101000212.JPG

P101000113.JPG

Hey every one. Quick update. The sixth seed i planted wasn't green people it was another 5244 seed haha, i forgot and then remembered. But it spouted 2 days ago so i have 6 seeds going now. i have stopped using the kellogg ferts mostly cuz of the smell i think its good ferts but it ph'd at like 8 and smells to bad to work with to lower the ph. So im back with ff grow big and 1/4 strength. i mixed it with floranectar and silica.

If any one has had alot of hempy experience.
i would like to ask if i should feed every watering or every other since they are still young plants?

They seem to be doing well except for one of the plants but i think it was a ph issue. i will see how it reacts to the new feeding. i did on this last watering and will in the future ph to 5.5 to 6.5 and see where that takes me. here are some pics of the babies

P101000716.JPG

P101000615.JPG

P101001215.JPG

It's good to see the mad scientist back in action!

Can't wait to see how this method works out. Grow babies grow!

:goodluck:

Hey there Falcore - good luck with your grow - nice to see that you got it all up and going! Sorry I'm not a hempy grower so I can't answer your question... Hopefully someone can advise you there.

Hey zombo glad to see you here, thanx mad and welcome, xlr8 thanx for the luck an about the watering and feeding i just winged it and i looks like they are going to survive my blunders. Hey Raoul! You are always welcomed in my laboratory now all i need is abbys brain and a lightning storm.

As of now i belive the plants are doing good. i did run in to a couple of problems:cool: they seem like they are just about corrected i will see for sure in a few more days. i did have a ph issue that will be ok in the next few waterings and it looked like they were having cal/mag issues so i have started to add that in to the their feedings. i have been feeding just about every watering and they seem to be fine with it. none have sexed yet but it think 2 of the 5244's are getting close. I took a few shots of them most of which turned out terrible. these are the decent ones :grinjoint:
these are from the 8th
P101001410.JPG

P101001410.JPG

P101001310.JPG

P101001616.JPG

this is from tonight
P10100296.JPG

P10100275.JPG

I got my fan that i needed for my full size set up so im gonna move them under my 4ft t-5 in a few days once i finish the set up. ill post pics when im done. im also going to add about six to eight new seeds in there in one gallon hempys this time using only a very small amount of soil and a perlite bottom up to the hole and the rest hemp hurd and perlite mix 2part hemp to 1part perlite. i may need to stock up on some more ferts as well because you use a lot more that i had thought with hempys. i am also planning to pre charge the medum b4 planting with a cal/mag mix that is 2-0-0 and i will also make sure that the water is phed nice and low :cool:
thanx for stopping by :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom