Liquid Karma

Week 1

IMG_53541.jpg
IMG_5355.jpg
IMG_5352.jpg

AK 48? First Grow - 2010

-----Week 2------

BUBBALICIOUS

They are getting really big. I have started them on a half strength nute cycle. Still under 24 hr lighting. Keep them condensed. In another week I will switch them over to a full strength grow nute cycle. Hopefully that wont be too strong for it. I'm following a feed schedule i found in this thread . It seems to be working out well so far.

Here are some pictures of the two young girls.

IMG_5443.jpg
IMG_5442.jpg
IMG_5441.jpg
IMG_5440.jpg

Enjoy

Looks like they are growing up nice and fast! Any chance you could trade that 150w HPS in for MH or even a T5HO with 6400k bulbs? I bet you'd get a lot better color of green on the leaves and see even better growth. Thats my suggestion if you can, otherwise they look about as good as can be.
Aloha

I dont think the bulbs are inter-changeable. Ive heard good things on both sides. I hear that hps is better for flowering and MH is great for veg. its working well for me now. It does get really hot in the summer. Specially in the 12/12 room because im using a 400 watt in there. Its hard to stay under 100 during the summer. I need to invest in a few more fans. :rollit:

----------BUBBALICIOUS------------

Day 18>>>>>

They are doing great. This is definitely the fastest growing plant I've ever grown. She had a little burn of some sort on the first set of bottom leaves on both of the plants but that stopped quickly and has not yellowed or killed any of the leaves. So far they are growing up real nice. The only thing I can notice is the leaves are folding up on the top, closest to the light, which means the heat from the lights are effecting them, but i think i got that taken care of now.

Here are some pictures of the sisters.

Enjoy :peace:

IMG_5495.jpg
IMG_5493.jpg
IMG_5491.jpg
IMG_54821.jpg
IMG_5483.jpg
IMG_5490.jpg
IMG_54791.jpg

Week 3 day 21

The girls are suffering from a small bit of burning on the leaves. I think it is from the light but just in case I gave them a quick flush before they get the full Nutes tomorrow. They drink that water up so fast. Other than that they are getting really bushy, thank god for those CFls. No signs of preflowering, but it is a feminized seed. I dont know how reliable it is.

IMG_9111.jpg
IMG_9110.jpg
IMG_91071.jpg
IMG_91051.jpg
IMG_91041.jpg

Im new to the game as well prop but i appreciate the kind words.
The plants are growing extremely fast compared to previous plants i have grown. I think it might be the strain, and also it may be because of the CFLs i have just recently started to use. they are great because you can put them almost directly next to the plant, where as my 150 w and 400w hps lights are so damn hot they have to stay at least a foot away. also im using botanicare nutes in a soil medium (organic miracle grow). They seem to do the trick. They do seem to burn occasionally, so i have to do a quick one day flush and that takes care of that.

Good luck with your grow prop :rollit:

Ahhhh, those look familiar (except way healthier :thumb: )!

Yes, they are vigorous growers, and aggressive bloomers!

I had issues early in vegetation with a little nute burn. By weeks 4-6 and beyond though, they were eating anything I could throw at them. Only other issue I had was magnesium lock-out issues on the more sativa-like phenotype.

Can't wait to watch yours finish out, I think you will be very pleased with your results!

Ahhhh, those look familiar (except way healthier :thumb: )!

Yes, they are vigorous growers, and aggressive bloomers!

I had issues early in vegetation with a little nute burn. By weeks 4-6 and beyond though, they were eating anything I could throw at them. Only other issue I had was magnesium lock-out issues on the more sativa-like phenotype.

Can't wait to watch yours finish out, I think you will be very pleased with your results!

You did have a rough start endive, but once you got the hang of it they really loved that LED. Gotta get me some of those. I cant wait until flower time, i hope my colas plump like yours did. How does it smoke?
I cant wait til Blue Mystic brotha good luck

Thanks for stopping by j6s6u6

I just watered the plants today with the full strength veg Nutres. as of now I can plainly see that the girl in the bigger pot is growing a tinny bit faster than the other girl. She is developing leaves with more fan blades, And i can already spot pre-flowering on the larger pot. Although these were feminized seeds, this is still a happy day. I took a macro pic of the pre-flowering, I hope that it is clear enough to notice this pre-flowering. But it is there i promise you.

ITS A FEMALE!!!!

Image432.jpg

Question, Does anybody know what this is about? I saw it at the hydro store, and was wondering if this effects the way the bud tastes or if its only used for fruits ect. Or would this be stupid to alter the natural taste of the plant?

Botanicare: Sweet

GetDynamicImage2.jpg

There are MANY opinions as to such products. The packaging and marketing is designed to entice one into thinking it performs miracles in regard to taste. Not that the theory behind it is bunk, but essentially, products like that contain high carbohydrates (simple & complex sugars al à molasses) that feed and stimulate pro-biotic fungi and bacteria that in turn break down nutrients in a manner that allows the roots to absorb more. Some of these go farther with additional supplements and secret ingredients, so each may be unique.

I cannot say first hand if they alter or affect taste or not, but too many respectable (legendary even) growers swear by the use of molasses (carbs) for it's other benefits. I used it before and during flush, not to alter flavor, just encourage maximum growth. Did it work? Sure if I believe it did. ;-)

Can't hurt to (rationally & sanely) give them all we can to promote quality quantitive growth, but I think nature can make better scents and flavors than any laboratory.

:bong: Did any of this make sense?

P.S. Congrats on the girl!!!! :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom