HolyRoot's First Indoor Grow / First Journal 2011

HolyRoot

:Namaste: :thanks: For stopping by and checking out my journal. I'm sure its going to be a journey. :)

This is my first indoor grow, I had some plants outside, But I had to trash my ladies in fear of a possible security risk :rip: , Which is why I'm moving indoors.

Got the seeds germinating with the ole' paper towel trick. Seems to work every time. :)

Seed strains are unknown, Hopefully we can figure it out as we go. But its nothing like Northern lights or anything like that.. yet. But prob just good ole Dirt Seeds. :p

Lights being used are Philips 4 ft. 32 Watt F32T8/Daylight Deluxe

Actual Color Temperature (K) : 6500 K
Light Output (lumens) : 2660 lm

I Plan on finding the flower tubes while they veg. Still looking around. :)
I also would like to get two more sets of lights, One on the door and one on the other side. :headbanger:

Also planning on using a bathroom vent fan to suck out the odor and old air, and custom building a active carbon filter to eliminate the odor. Not to sure on this one, I think it sounds pretty solid. :scratchinghead:

I know I know its not recommended to use tin foil, But gotta save money at the moment. I hope to " Upgrade" in the near future. :dreamy:

Alot of light escapes and enters around the door, So I'm going to get some weather stripping to fill the void to keep outside light out, keep light inside and seal for air flow. :high-five:

On my list of things to obtain seems to never be empty. :/
I just remembered I need a PH and Temp checker.
Good thing I'm keeping a Journal. :geek:

Now for the photos and please feel free to comment and suggest. :) :thanks: :Namaste:

2011-09-26_00_31_19.jpg
2011-09-26_00_31_05.jpg
2011-09-26_00_30_38.jpg
2011-09-25_18_42_59.jpg
2011-09-25_18_41_28.jpg
2011-09-25_18_41_20.jpg

:Namaste:

Update for 09/28:

The germ was successful, Took a gravy cup and two ends of water bottles for humidity to make these ladies grow a bit faster. :headbanger:

One mistake I noticed was not putting enough medium into the pot, I've noticed they aren't getting all the light they could, Hopefully they will forgive me of this. :bigblush:

Last but not least, I learned on this forum to call all your "Unknown sex" ladies for good positive outcome. Since I figure I do not know where these "Orphans" come from, I gave them names of my own. Hopefully I will get the kinda of good karma you get by naming your boat.

Yes I use spoons as labels. :goof:

:thanks: For Stopping by. :)

Sarah_01.jpg

Sarah_02.jpg

Sarah_03.jpg

Sarah_04.jpg

Ashley_01.jpg

Ashley_02.jpg

Ashley_03.jpg

Jane_01.jpg
Jane_02.jpg

:thanks:

:Namaste:
Update 09/29 AM edition

Sarah And Ashley seem to be doing well. Jane seems to be slack a lacking.
So I gave her a CFL floodlight to give her more penetration of light since she wasn't as close as Sarah and Ashley to the main light.

Also I had some left over Duct tape that is used for air condition system's, I put it around the top rings of the buckets in hopes that the girls get more light then they did before.

Thanks for looking, Will report later this evening if anything develops. :) :thanks:

Groupshot_02.jpg
Sarah_05.jpg
Jane_Extra_light.jpg
Jane_03.jpg
Ashley_04.jpg

Hey man, looks like everything is going good! I just started my own first grow, so i know how exciting it is! I have done a little research and i found that a good and cheap nute system that you might want to try is Flora Duo. You can pick up both parts for under $20 and its super concentrated so it will last a while. Ill be pokin around. Check out my bubblicious grow so far in my sig if you get a chance. CHEERS!! :cheer:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom