2nd Scrog Run

McPuffin

Well i suppose its time to start my second run with my setup. Finally got my clones transplanted and ready to go. So here is the beginning of round 2.

DSC039802.JPG
DSC03981.JPG
DSC03982.JPG
DSC03983.JPG

These are the same strain i grew last time so i figured i'd give it another go. They will be LST'd along with some fimming and topping to try and get as many tops as possible.

Sweet :) Subbed! Tell us a little more?? Nutes, light, soil, filter, exhaust, SCROG size, I'm assuming some stuff has changed since you've increased the number of plants you have??

I'm not topping or anything on mine this time... Letting it grow up to the screen and training it into each hole then flowering.

So here's some more of the details for this grow since i have a little time.

What strain is it? Was told it is a Trainwreck X Purple Urkle cross
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Currently in Veg
If in Veg... For how long? I got the clones about a week ago
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? My own homemade soil mix ammended with homemade worm casings
If soil... what is in your mix? Mix of soil, humus and manure, perlite, worm casings.
If soil... What size pot? currently in 2 gallon pots ( might just stay in these till the end.
Size of light? mix of 230 watts cfl and a 250 MH for veg and the cfl's and a 250 HPS for flower
Temp of Room/cab? Temps run right around 79 with lights on
RH of Room/cab? got it stable around 48% right now but with summer coming that will probally change
Any Pests ? None
How often are you watering? when the pot feels lite which now is about every 3rd day.
Type and strength of ferts used?Recipe for success from Technaflora.

Since the first run went so well i'm not really gonna go out and change too many things with this one. I am doing 3 this time so i will be building a slightly bigger screen to completely fill the box im in. Then with having 3 going this time i wont need to veg as long as the last one to fill the screen so i figure i might be able to knock a little time off. Can't wait to see how you make out with your's We'll be doing about the same size screen, mine should end up being around 5- 5 1/2 square feet roughly.

Nice thanks for the info bro :) So your thinking your going to stay with the 2 gallons pots eh? I hope that works out good, how long do you think you will be vegging? After the problems I had with my WW's under the SCROG, I never plan to do soil again. To many variables for me to go wrong. I did FFOF and a ton of perlite and my roots didn't even get close to filling up the pot I have no idea why. I hate bugs in the soil (if you get them). I hate thinking about when/how much I need to water for it to be optimal, etc etc.. The hydro is so smooth and easy, fill the res up and check the ppm/pH in the morning and at night (even though mine never changes) and that's it. Not to mention get great yields and the potential to have the plants finish up quicker.

So your going to be doing about 1.8 sq/ft per plant on your SCROG. I thought the beauty of your last grow was that it was one plant, I also think that's how you get the yield you got. A big mature plant with a massive root structure is key it seems after reading all these journals for months now.. I opted for one plant from seed for a few reasons: most importantly being genetics, the clones I was getting were complete shit. I blame most of the problems I had (which weren't much) on the clones. I also wanted to see a plant from seed to harvest, never done it and it's really cool so far. I also think it would be really cool to see a single plant fill a 6 sq/ft screen. And like I mentioned above, it seems as if I veg 1 month or 1.5 months I'll have a massive plant with a huuuuuuge root structure that's really going to put out. We shall see :)

Well after looking at the pot i used last time it was only a 2.6 gallon(which wasn't filled fully so it was close to maybe 2 gallons) and i vegged for just about 2 months in that one, and the roots took over the whole things even coming out of the soil into the hydrotron on top. This time with the new screen i'll be building the size diffence i have to fill will probally be about 15 squares of the screen less then last time( to be able to fit all 3 into the new screen eg. my first run had about 80 tops this time i'll shot for 60ish) per plant. So if my hazed thinking serves me right i should be able to produce the same root size to canopy ratio. But i also might just keep one as a mother plant depending on how they look during veg. The second pic has the beginnings of a nice base shape with the double stalks. And if nothing else i get to use this as another training run to compare with last time so i know what to try next time.

lookin good puff....i guess i'm old school, thinkin bigger is better. i went from a 5 gal bucket to a 20 gal container...but i do have one on the side in a 2 gal pail, i'm all about the experimenting too :thumb:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom