The Great Outdoors - Canadian Climate Challenge

Duesouth

My favourite time of year, it's what I look forward to year round. To do an outdoor grow in my northern Canadian climate can be challenging. The beggining of March, it's the only time I can start. I germinate inside my home on the window ledges. This is my 2nd year, I'm no where close to a pro. I made a lot of mistakes my first year, but was fun and exciting and in the end was happy with the results. I've made a few minor mistakes this year as well, but feels good to utilize the learning experiences behind this amazing science project. I am 38 years old, don't have a lot of extra money cause I just had my first and only child. Resources are limited, I simply use a cheap poly greenhouse that accommodates 16 plants. I purchased 3 big black tarps ( for the flowering cycles ) to cover the greenhouse every 12 hrs. This didn't work, light actually makes it way threw these tarps, so I pitched up a camping tent and used the tarps on the tent instead. This means, every morning and every evening I attend to the plants bringing them back and forth. Wow, this is a lot of work. Ended up finding a male, got rid of it. As well there isn't enough room for all the plants, in the tent, so 2 of them remain outside all the time. The issue with my climate is the light cycle for flowering only occurs in October, which makes it way too cold in the fall. This is the only window of the year, day 1 March 1st, harvest in mid to late August. That's around 180 days... Where I see indoor grows can take as little as 48 - 60 something days.. Wow. I basically used the seeds I've collected over the years, kept them after rarely finding them when purchasing buds from a dealer. I find it pretty cool that 15 of 16 plants sprouted into females. My plants look amazing this year, and most of them I have no idea what they are. One thing that might be helping me is I'm watering them with composted steeped worm tea daily. Can't wait till their finished. If anyone reading this can probably tell I'm an inexperienced grower, but I'm willing to post my pictures if there's any interest, or insight to this. Good luck with your plants everyone.

from one canuck to another....welcome aboard and post up them pics.

Thank you for your interest. In one picture you'll see my dark room (tent). On the right side you'll notice 2 plants, unfortunately I do not have room in my dark room, so those get left outside. In one of my pictures you'll see a male plant. I've isolated this. I'm really impressed on how only 1 male sprouted out of 16 plants. Last year I grew a total of 5 plants, they also grew into females.

image148111.jpeg
image14822.jpeg
image14818.jpeg
image14813.jpeg
image14821.jpeg
image14815.jpeg

Very nice male :thumb:

well, just like all the males I have pulled from my current grow, that male has great form about it. great looking plant lol.

Good male is worth a pound of gold, believe me. But you have to start making your own seeds to appreciate them.

Back
Top Bottom