Lobster & Lump Crab Cake
Skill Level: Medium
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1 cake, 3-4 ounces/85-115 g of slaw, 1-2 tablespoons/15-30 ml of aioli
• ½ cup/120 ml homemade Magical Mayo
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml Old Bay
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml worcestershire sauce
• 1 pound/450 g lobster tail, cooked and chopped (preferably poached in MagicalButter garlic lemon butter)
• 1 pound/450 g lump crabmeat
• ⅓ cup/80 ml cheesy crackers, crushed in food processor
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml whole-grain Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml pink Himalayan salt
• 3 scallions, finely chopped
• 2 eggs
• 1 Red Fresno chili, deveined, seeded, and finely diced
• ½ yellow bell pepper, finely diced
• ½ Meyer lemon (juice and zest)
• ½ teaspoon/2½ ml baking soda
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
• Flour for dusting
• Holy Moly Mango Lime Aioli [Recipe Link]
• Napa Cabbage and Jicama Slaw [Recipe Link]
• Organic kale and arugula
• Lemon and lime segments
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F/165°C.
2. In a large bowl, completely mix all the ingredients except the lobster and lump crab.
3. Gently fold in crab and lobster meat. Shape it into 6-ounce patties, and refrigerate those on a covered plate for 30-60 minutes.
4. In a large, oven-safe skillet set to medium, heat the oil for 60-90 seconds.
5. Dust your seafood cakes with flour, and slowly add them into the skillet, one at a time. Allow 1 minute between cakes going into the pan to keep the oil temperature more constant.
6. Sauté the cakes for 4 to 5 minutes; then carefully flip and sauté them for an additional 2 minutes.
7. Transfer the cakes to your preheated oven, and bake for 10 minutes.
8. Remove the cakes from the oven.
Add 1-2 tablespoons/30 ml of aioli to the center of a plate, spreading it out into a large circle. Place the greens on the aioli, position a Lobster & Lump Crab Cake on the bed of greens, crown with slaw, and enjoy!