1 year old with atopic dermatitis. Questions and ethical concerns regarding MMJ.

internetman

Hello 420 people! I am a newly started distributor of medical cannabis oils somewhere in scandinavia. There seems to be an active and educated community here so I would like to ask for some help here :Namaste:

My friend has a very aggressive form of atopic dermatitis. Atopic dermatitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He has been very sick for years but is now finally getting better because of using cannabis oil (RSO protocol) in combination with CBD oil.

Now he´s one year old daughter is showing signs of the same skin problems already and we are a little unsure what to do. We have the option of trying out an oil with 2,3% CBD and 0.2% THC. What are your opinions on giving this amount of THC to such a young person?

We have all seen the cancer stories etc regaring little kids, but I guess this is a little different since the illness isnt deadly. The doctors will however most likely be prescribing Cortisone, which is not very healthy.

Thanks!

Well they are giving low THC oils to kids with epilepsy with good results.

Is your friend consuming it orally or applying directly on the skin?

I have seen the many positive examples of kids using it and have nothing against it. We just want to be very cautions since we have no experience what so ever with it.

My friend has been taking both cannabis extract cream and the oil orally. His skin is now so well that he doesnt have to use much skin treatment.

We have the option of trying out an oil with 2,3% CBD and 0.2% THC.

Why the low concentrations? I understand not wanting to give THC to a child but there are strains with 15+% CBD and less than 5% THC. Also is this the same strain your friend is taking? Remember CBD doesn't solve everything, in fact its pretty bad as an anti-nausea/ appetite control treatment.

So it could be the THC that's working and not the CBD. Your friend should test with both strains to see what works best.

cannabinoid-wheel-large.jpg

How does he make cream?

Might I suggest a reflux method, at least for the making the cream. Removing more chlorophyll does make it taste stronger but you shouldn't care for topical applications and although I've yet to see some actual numbers, I'm told that the cannabinoid % in that oil is quite high so there definitely is some cannabinoid content left behind by cold washes.

[video=youtube;lwylamKSwto]
[/video]

You can also choose to decarb the oil instead, just winterize, pickup the oil and then decarb last. Do not expose your alcohol to high heat.

[video=youtube;xlMMSuAFGdo]
[/video]

[video=youtube;jf4ffxUkcnU]
[/video]

Hello Internet man. My daughter is now 20, she suffered from pretty bad eczema from 1 year old until it disappeared 3 years ago of its own accord.

I know your question is regarding how cannabis might help, but I used myrrh (pure essential oil) which I buffered with a thick base cream and slathered all over her overnight. In the morning all her skin would be clear until the next flare-up.

Also a very very dilute bleach bath will shut down a flare- up very quickly.......Google it

For reasons still unknown, good old oats will also shut down a flare-up pretty quickly.

I am anti big pharma products unless I am dying.....I managed her eczema successfully with Myrrh for 16 years.

image22892.jpg

Good luck to you and the little girl, it's a very distressing condition and it's difficult to make a one year old understand that scratching during a flare-up can permanently scar her skin.

Thanks for all the replies and sorry for getting back late, I have been out travelling with little internet.

The reason we use such a low CBD concentration is that we buy all the cannabis-products from a man in the netherlands, we dont make it ourselves (yet).

This is the same strain/oil that the father is taking.

I will pass on the advice about the Myrrh! Also Bapple, do you have any experience with using black seed oil for this? It is an old medicine oil also which I recently became aware of.

Back
Top Bottom