10 Min....

Ceelo

I am on 12/12 cycle right now. Is it okay if I leave my closet door open after I turn off my HPS light to let it cool off or would it effect my plant?

Its 95 in my grow room and my plants are being affected the leaves are curling up, the strain is california orange bud from narvana. When the light is on I keep the door open and I get a fan blowing on the plants and the light but the temp is still too high at 95F. I am willing to buy or build anything but it has to be stealth.

I can't put a fan in the ceiling because somebody lives above me so the smell would probably go into their home. I just dont know what to do I was thinking of taking my HPS light out of there and throwing in some floros but that would greatly reduce my yeild.

I wouldnt be able to cut Holes I am not the owner of the house and I dont think that is very stealth thanks for the great idea though wish I could have done it. Well I was also having heat problems with my CFL's but it just wasnt getting as hot. Any other great ideas?

are these 10 min cooling off at the end or beginning of your light cycle. it wont hurt anything as long as you dont let light get in during the dark cycle youll be straight. the plants will just think that the "sun" is starting to go down and get ready to sleep. number 1 rule though is no light during the 12 hours of dark

Its letting the light cool off at the end off the light cycle so as when I close the door it wont be so hot and humid. There will be no light disruption when I close the door and start the 12/12 cycle.

I think I may have the same problem as you. Here's an old pic of my closet setup. I only use a 400 w though, I dont know what you use.
The_Flowering_Room.JPG

No holes in door so I keep the door open during the day, and also when I go to sleep, because its nearly pitch dark in my room. And there's a green light bulb in there in case I need a light in my room in the middle of the night. I only keep the doors closed during the few hours between the night cycle starting, and actual night darkness in my room. When I open the door once its dark inside, the smell is so strong that I'd hate to see how stale it'd be if I left it the entire 12. 2 fans are going at all times, one floor fan that is angled upwards and into the growroom, blowing in fresh air. And the other fan is actually positioned in the growroom on high speed aimed directly at the straight line that could be drawn between the hps and the plant tops.
(This pic shows the fan set up differently. The silver fan in the middle is now to the right of the hps hanging up, blowing across above the plant tops)

Everyone is right though, to do it correctly, you'd have an intake and exhaust fan...And I wish I could do it, but can not. This works okay for me though.

I've also left the door open at the end of the light cycle for 15 min or so. I didnt think I'd be able to do it consistently though, so I quit.

Remove the existing door and replace it with a door from a wrecking yard or make a replacement door out of a piece of plywood.
Cut 2 holes, 1 near the top of the replacement door (exhaust) and 1 near the bottom (intake).
Buy 2 bathroom exhaust-type fans at home depot for $13 each, two plugs and a power strip. Install a fan in each hole, intake facing in, exhaust facing out.
To prevent light tranference, buy either dryer hose or conduit the same diameter as the openings. Spray paint the inside flat black and form into "S" or "U" shapes, attach to the fans on the inside or outside.

Back
Top Bottom