1000 Watt MH and HPS Grow Journal

Ambition

It's been a while since I've been on here so I decided to start a new journal. My new set up is much better than the one before. It's about a 1000$ grow room. I have a 1000 watt HPS and MH. I have four seeds germinating, four babies, and one plant that is about a month old and a foot tall. I really need help with this one guys, it'd be much appreciated. I need AT THE LEAST half a pound yielded per plant, but I would much rather a pound. Any information on how old, or how big, the plants should be before flowering to achieve my goal would be great. :thumb: Also if I need to tie down the branches, LST, or anything I need to do or buy for the plant to get this. I am hoping to sell the bud to the dispensary. Here are the plants, soil, and fertilizer I'm using:
IMG_20130322_235541.jpg
IMG_20130322_235548.jpg
IMG_20130322_235558.jpg
IMG_20130322_235606.jpg
IMG_20130322_235637.jpg

hello thanks for puttin all this down. keep it up

Thanks, I just confirmed the biggest plant is a female. I just switched the light cycle to 12/12, I'm just going to let the babies grow from that light schedule with the HPS in. So I figured I'll have 1 big plant and 8 smaller ones.

Just started LST, it's my first time, I'm pretty sure the objective is to keep the branches spread out so the light can hit them better. It also keeps them shorter, let me know how I did. I tried supercropping a couple stems but only one worked, the other 2-3 broke off :/ Not doing that anymore. I have 3 decent sized plants, 4 small, and the big girl. All females, as I used seeds from a plant that pollinated herself. One or two of the small plants are a different strain. I only veged the big one for about 1 1/2-2 months, the rest are started from 12/12. Hoping to get atleast 4 oz off the small ones, and a pound off the big girl. Any help to achieve my goal would be great. Thanks!
IMG_20130403_214730.jpg
IMG_20130403_214803.jpg
IMG_20130403_214831.jpg
IMG_20130403_214825.jpg
IMG_20130403_214814.jpg
IMG_20130403_214914.jpg
IMG_20130403_214842.jpg
IMG_20130403_214837.jpg

My camera isnt working, really sorry about the wait. A grower came over and gave me some feedback he said I need to get an oxygen tank, I thought a lot of the things he said were incorrect but he's supposed to be very experienced so please give me some feedback on some of these things: I thought a CO2 tank would be better than oxygen, he said no; I said 12/12 light schedule until harvest, he said change it to 18/6 for a better yield and they'll be done in 3 weeks. I said the leaves are supposed to be dying and yellowing right before harvest because the plant then gives it's remaining strength to the buds as a last chance to be pollinated, he said no they should be green and healthy. Finally, he said I shouldn't water until it leaks out the bottom of the pot and wait until it's dirt dry before watering again, he says I should water a decent amount 2-3 times a day and keep the soil clay-like. Really not sure what to do here, I'd really appreciate some feedback as I have researched these methods many times, so to know wether or not he's right would be great. I have switched to an 18/6 cycle. He says it should be done in 3 weeks and it looks like a qp now, but I may be able to pull off over a half of a pound. I will be posting pics soon, the bud is very sugary and smells amazing and fruity. PEACE!

Got Pics! :D So it looks like about an ounce on the big plant which is kind of disappointing, my girl's mom just got her Caregiver's card so she's legal now but, if she doesn't get enough off the plants she's not gonna do it anymore :/ I started using honey to bulk up the buds, also just got Jorge Cervante's Grow Bible which has loads of info in it. I'm putting the big girl in the closet Sunday to deprive it of light for 48 hours, stopping feeding tomorrow (Use organic fertilizer anyway so it should flush fine) gonna give it a gal. of water a day then Saturday about 5 gallons. I told her we need a CO2 tank to really bulk up the buds, if anyone knows where to get one let me know. Also, if anyone has any tips on how to bulk them up I'd appreciate it. The quality is amazing, light green and very sugary. So after I cut it down Tuesday I'm gonna hang em, put em in paper bags, then cure for 2 weeks. :p' Here's the pics, sorry for the wait!
IMG_20130501_002359.jpg
IMG_20130501_002349.jpg
IMG_20130501_002330.jpg
IMG_20130501_002308.jpg

Also the reason I'm harvesting is because I used my microscope to look at the trichs and they look they're about to burst, are very milky, and there's clusters of them everywhere. About 30% of the pistols have turned orange and receded, I'm hoping that most of them turn by the harvest date.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom