12/12 on Auto

Mawc

Growing Jack Herer auto, and HBD auto, seems the Jack isnt a true auto even tho female-seeds.nl say they are, so I am just going to 12/12 it the rest of the way, will the HBD react negatively to 12/12?

There both just over 2 weeks old, so no preflowers yet.

Growing Jack Herer auto, and HBD auto, seems the Jack isnt a true auto even tho female-seeds.nl say they are, so I am just going to 12/12 it the rest of the way, will the HBD react negatively to 12/12?

There both just over 2 weeks old, so no preflowers yet.

Note: I don't know much about auto strains.

Well, the thing about auto flowering strains is that you can keep them on a 24 hour lighting schedule from sprout to harvest, by doing this they will continue to feed and photosynthesize through their dark period which they normally do not grow in; meaning bigger plants.

However photoperiod changes will not affect them negatively nor will they begin flowering. So by switching to 12/12 you will know if your JH is a true auto if you see pistols by the end of the first week.

Plus from what I've read most auto flowering strains begin to flower after two months so if your JH is not auto IDK why you want to flower now. If you just wait you will have a larger yield with both strains.

My suggestion if the JH is NOT auto: Wait until your HBD flowers in around 1 1/2 months and when it does change your lighting schedule to 12/12 so your JH begins to flower at the same time.

Hope this made sense, good luck! :)

Ega is right AUTO's are usually great at 20/4or even 18/6....doing the switch will delete the auto purpose...unless it's not an auto...

Original posted Aug, but I see that folks are chiming so here goes by 2cents:riskybusiness:
From what I have read on various seedbanks sites, it appears that the auto's as previously stated are much better suited for 20/4 or 18/6. Some strains will respond better with the 20/4 as far as yield is concerned. They apparently still veg much like growing 12/12 from seed for about two weeks maybe a couple more days in addition. But after that they should began to flower while still on a 20/4 or 18/6 cycle do to the fact that they are designed more like being on a timer than going by the light schedule. Despite allowing the plant to rest I'm not sure just yet why they wouldn't like 24 straight too if they can genetically produce a larger yield than maybe thats the way to go. But definitely not 12/12 for the autoflowers or that will surely effect ones yield. Check out the sponsored Seed banks and info should be in their. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom