14+ inch cola on a 21 inch plant

Shankin

I wanted to show off some pictures of my current grow. I have 1 GDP hybrid I am growing and have managed to keep the plant at 21 inches. Thats not the part I am proud of. The main cola on the plant is a little over 14 inches long and as big around as a 32 ounce spray bottle as you can see from the pictures. More 2/3 of the plants total height is the cola alone. The supersoil I made turned out very hot so please excuse the burns.

Enjoy
DSC008747.JPG

DSC008736.JPG

DSC008725.JPG

Thanks for looking.:thanks:

It's called compost tea.

Very very nice cola, have to get us updated on the smoke report.
Hope it does well.

Plant of the month contest. Maybe you will enter?

Anyway :welcome: to the :420: Community.

No compost tea, no expensive line of nutes, no "additives". I formulated my own soil blend and that is all I use in conjunction with tap water. I will post my blend for the supersoil in the DIY section. I spend a total of $35 on soil per grow. I don't see the need for all the hype when I have been growing this way for years and still get happy plants without spending $300 on specially formulated nutes. A little education in a botony program was a wake up call for me. I will post a link to my formula (if you want to call it that) when I finish the post.

And thank you both for the compliments. As far as plant of the month, I've seen the competition and The burns on my plant from making my soil too hot for this grow kind of kills my chances. :( But I will absolutly post a smoke report. This plant still has 3 weeks till harvest. :party: I will post follow ups when its cut and dried.

I am down with the soil grow too. This is my first real grow ever but I know from years of smoking experience, good soil bud always tastes better then other types. Then to boot outdoor soil bud usually gets even slightly better then indoor soil. After all we are talking about the most professional grower of them all, Mother Nature, and believe me she knows her shit :).

As for slight burns. Heck that dont deture me from thinking you got some kind buds brewing. To me that just means you where pushing the plant to its limits but keeping it sensible. Kinda like a good jockey pushes his horse right to the max potential but then lays off the reins right before his steed breaks down. Aint nothing wrong at all with very slight burns.

I paid something like $75 for BPN nutes, 3 gallons plus a quart of liquid blue bloom booster. This should last me about 10+ grows. This wonder woman was just harvested and it was my first grow. Was it all because of the nutes, no but the nutes are easy to use and surely made a difference. Just saying, price of nutes shouldn't be a reason not to use them when there is good products out there that are inexpensive.

IMG_000359.JPG

Hey there Shankin,

I guess the old addage of Texas grows em big applies here. lol
I really dont like adding a bunch of stuff to mine. I had always grown
outside in my day. I found this community back in Jan. and have learned
quite abit about indoor grows.

Nothing beats the outdoors. I'm just North of you Ok.

I will be watching. reps+

Yeah all natural done right is the best.

I personally add a bit of organic stuff to my plants like bone or blood meal, fish poop, bat poop, and a few minerals. But besides that leave it up to mother nature imo.

It's not a lack of nutes. In fact just the opposite. Supersoil is a blend of all organic material (in my case) that uses the best of each line of ingredients blended in my own measurements. I never have to add any fertilizers due to the abundance of slow release minerals in the soil blend. I do not need to spend 75 dollars to get your results puffpuff. I apologize that you find it necessary to use additives but as I stated before, a little botony goes a long way. I am not saying anything bad against the BPN line, but why should I use that when for a max of $50, I don't have to worry about ever measuring a drop of nutes? Just water and forget... can you say that with yours?

i like it bro, how did you prune her to get like that? i am growing with minimal nutes and using mollases, id like to know more about your method of feeding. cheers

Back
Top Bottom