18 Days and not even 2 inches tall- All Details included- Please help!!

Foodeefish

20150313_144404_resized.jpg

20150313_144349_resized_2_.jpg

REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

HYDRO GROW

Strain - Master Kush
# of Plants - 2 in 4inch square pots
Grow Type - 75%Coco, 25% Perlite
Grow Stage - Vegetative - 20 Days Old
Setup - 2x3x6 Tent
Light - 4 days with t-5s and now I have both T-5 double bulb and 600 watt
PH - 5.8
RH - 40%
Room Temperature -75 to 85
Solution Temperature -65 to75
Room Square Footage - Tent 2x3x6 hi
Pests - None Known

Problem: My seedlings seem to not be growing, even though I water once at 7:00am AND again at 7:00pm each day. I started with T-5s 2 inches away from the seedlings and now I just put on the 600 watt HPS to see if the extra light will help.
I have an outlet fan pulling air out from the top and a hose with a small 4" fan blowing cool air in from outside into the tent. Small Heater keeps the temp constant, Humidity is low - 40% till new humidifier is delivered tomorrow.
Any ideas?

Here is a picture of one of the seedlings that is 18 days old. I am using only water with a PH of 5.8-6.1. No Cal/Mag, No Nutrients, no nothing. What could be my issues?

Thanks everyone

No Nutrients, no nothing. What could be my issues? I believe you need to give nutes whenever you water in coco. Read up on Coco.

Put up the HPS and get your t-5 back on. I can't tell you about coco growing but I can tell you started from seed. Until it gets its root system built you will not see much growth. It's all down where you can't see. And once that starts to happen you will notice your plant starting to build itself up. Just be patient. :goodluck:

UPDATE- I read up on growing in COCO and I see many different ideas which is even more confusing.

So I made a new mixture of 60% CoirBlock and 40% perlite and I carefully dug up the small plants and replanted them. These plants are two inches tall and the roots were about 2-3 inches long- that's it after 20+ days. Each pot with the seedling in it weighed 8 ounces before watering. I have increased the humidity to 45%- Temp is 75-80 degrees.

I have added nutrients at 25% strength and added Cal/Mag at half strength.
Questions-

1) Should I increase the strength of the Nutrients and Cal/Mag?

2) When and how often should I water them? Some say 2-4 times a day and others I read say when the coco starts to look dry

3) What should each pot weigh just before I re-water them?

Thnx

IDK about coco growing, but if you water them twice a day it may be way too much for your plants!
Too much water = no oxygen for roots = no growth
Let them dry out a little bit. If you water them twice a day to create a wet enviroment whay don't you try to place a dome on them? I cut a plastic water bottle and use the upper part as a mini-greenhouse for seedlings!

Let us know

Look up LEDRF Journal, How to grow in Coco, He has some great videos and very informative. I water once a day in coco, except a few great big ladies, they get it twice a day. At that size I wouldn't run my nutes w/ cal-mag over 200ppm. You cant overwater coco, at fully saturated it still has 30% oxygen in it.

Back
Top Bottom