1st Annual Los Angeles "Doesha Cup"

Thepurplem0nkey

Ok, just got back from compassionate caregivers. Have LOTS to tell all ya'll LA med pot folkis!!!

1st: Get the Pine Tree Sap (I think thats what it's called) weed. Its a tremendousley good Indica, the best I've smoked yet in California. You will NOT regret my suggestion if you are an indica enthusiast. Completely clear headed, deep body high!

2nd: It's official, you WILL require a medical identification card to get into compassionate caregivers in Hollywood starting december 15th. I can understand why. Just today I saw them reject a "patient" who was using a note with the original name whited out, and his name written in (what a dumb ass). Never fear however. If you already own a medical card of some sort, call up compassionate caregivers (323) 850-9121 and ask if they will accept yours, as I already have one of my own and they said they will accept that. If you need to GET a card of some kind, Compassionate Caregivers advertises a local place.. The Medical Cannabis Buyer's Identification Program. Their number is 323 960-0191. THey are located on N. Highland, so they are close to the club. I have no personal experience with these people, but rumor has it patient ids and caregiver IDs run 40 bucks a pop, cheaper than most.

3rd: Picked up an ad for the 1st Annual "Doesha Cup", on Dec. 11th, from 5pm-2am (doors close @ 7pm). It's a medical cannabis tasting, judging some of the most EXOTIC STRAINS IN CALIFORNIA.

Also featuring: Celebrity judges, Live Entertainment, Vendors, Soul Food Buffet, Free GIft Bags, and Much MUch More. Music by DJ Cell. TIckets are 75$ before Dec. 1st/ Available at www.doeshacup.com

I for one WILL be buying tickets. NOt only is this the 1st in what is sure to become an annual event, but it will be a fascinating addition to my masters project on med pot culture! I cant make it to the Cannabis CUp, so I might as well support my local unions and go taste theres. WHo else is going tog o to this??? Slayer

EDIT: After re-reading this post, I want to come in an mention I DONT work in any way shape for form for compassionate caregivers OR whoever it is thats hosting the Doesha Cup. I'm just a very good customer of theirs (hehehehe) and thought I'd post some stuff for those who dont live as close and thus cant get out here as often ;-)

-PM

Actualy, I wont be able to make it if my caregiver isnt allowed. I'm visualy impaired, and need an arm to cling to and guidance when im in places. I cant drive to pick anyone up either, thats for sure. Driving during the day is a challenege enough...during the night? No way, thats suicide. SORRY MAN :-(
-PM

Went to the Doesha Cup Dec 11/05. As the gentleman wrote the doors opened at 5pm (actually at 5:45.. a little less smoking..) It was as advertised but not much was on display early in the evening. I wanted to mentin that I frequent the Yellow House and their staff is great! I hope it continues, there is a need.

Thepurplem0nkey said:
:-( Just couldnt afford it this year. But now that I know about it, me and a few of my buddies are going to go NEXT year.
-PM

If one could "hang" for 7 hours.... but fun to see. Got some nice cookies and brownies and baklava (sp?) The best! Was able to enjoy hte best of the best in the short time I was there.

Pinch, sounds freaking awesome. I visit the yellow house at least once a month. THey finaly got some tinctures in and my buddy (who also vists the CC house frequently) bought an indica spray. Very nice, very subtle and mild, excellent for pain and hardly any head high whatsoever. We are now anxious to make our own. We each have about 2 years worth of stems from heavy smokers saved up....so we're going to soak as many as we can in some Everclear (possibly) with maybe a fat nug of NOrthern Lights in for extra measure.
WHat part of so cal do you live, if you dont mind me asking? Near the hollywood area? Just curious, cause I've seen people in there who've driven from hundreds of miles who stock up on TONS of stuff I cant even DREAM of affording at the moment X_X ALso, I am a graduate student (or at least going to be in May) and doing research on medical marijuana culture and language, so I'm always interested in meeting local med users for later research questions. Im going to make an appointment with the owner/maanger of the yellow house when I get a chance, I've already talked to some of the staff about it. Speaking of which, I wonder how much you get paid working in that place (Like a conter person)
-PM

Mr. Monkey, CC is quite the store. An indica spray? Now that sounds interesting. Got some body butter @ Doesha Cup .. vendor is <MyEmagine.com>, nice present for the ladies. It's a topical lotion that is supposed to help with pain. Found a wonderful source for affordable edibles. I think they may even ship in state. Am checking it out now and will keep you abreast of the situatuion.

I live in Lancaster/Palmdale area to the west, in the Mtns. It's about a 70 minute drive to CC from my place. Found out about it from my Dr. in Ventura. Are you familiar with C. J. ? Have MS, (among other symptoms.. cognitive retardation- no short term memory) not too serious but enough to take me out of th car Biz (18 years). Now on private disability, state disability, etc... Living ok, enjoying.

Pinch, please do let me know what you find out about the shipable edibles. Just found out my grandfather has colon cancer :( I want some good medicine to ease his pain, andsince he's very old, he cant smoke (and to an old persn, VAPORIZING is the same as smoking). WHile they generaly have GOOD products, I have found CC"s edibles to be rather unreliable in terms of strength.
If you live in Palmdale, there IS a club up there, as my buddy lives in Valencia, and just bhought a houe up there (He's also a med user). It might be a delivery service. Ill get you the information for it when I get home. Neither of us have been to the one in Palmdale yet, but I KNOW it's there or that some sort of delivery service is offered as my doctor gave me a list.
There's also a few in Ventura AND santa barbara if youd like me to post them for you.
I suffer from a degenerative corneal disease. My coreneas are literaly being eroded away, with little bubbles forming underneath. Besides having extremely fucked up vision that is uncorrectable with contacts OR glasses, I become extrmely ill when light enters my eyes. BUt marijuana helps with all of that, ESPECIALLY the nausia.
ANyway, when I get home ill find out the name of the delivery service out there and post it for you.
-PM

Mr Monkey: Ya know, I've been smoking for 35 years and my son uses that term.. 420.. what is it, what does it mean, doi.. never heard it before? Thanks.

Mr. Monkey: I believe the people up here work out of an Holistic Medical Office. I just like going to the store..

Man, that's not good, shall I say fucked up.. about your eyes. God's a weird one sometimes. I'll keep you posted re: edibles. Should hear back today.

Mr M: for sure on the edibles.. eom

.. :peace:

Pinch, are the prices for Holisitc Medical Office about the same as the prices at CompCare? I too love looking at all the goodies at the store, butwould rather pay less for good medicine. I cant grow yet, so all I can do is buy. If they have good medicine at reasonable prices, I may just have mybuddy pick me up some stuff since he lives in that area.
-PM

Back
Top Bottom