The Doesha Cup. again.

Pinch

Here is a story by a guy who went to this year's Doesha Cup in LA. I have another story by my buddy and I'll try and post it too. (he's a member of this site)

Both parties thought it was as I imagined.. totally unorganized, promoted with the bottom line in mind. Same group that used to run the now defunct "Compassionate Care" dispensary in Hollywood.. the one that got busted by the feds for dispensing pounds at a time to dealers.. but that's another story..

MPP Assists Low-Income Patients

Re: The Doesha Cup.. again.

Howdy Pinch,

Yesterday Sat Dec 3 was the 2nd annual cannibis cup for prop 215 medical
patients. My friends and I were vendors for the 2nd year. Our booth
sells medicinal foods and pipes (that are packed when you buy one). We
also made the actual cups themselves. My friend Wizard made the glass
and I made a gold, a silver and a bronze tag for the cups. We were
treated like kings!

We went to check out the top secret location the day before the event.
In the back of the wrehouse was a big steel fire door. I had to check
it out. It was a door that opened into a brick wall...a door to nowhere.
It was metaphor.

The day of the event I had a bad feeling. I had to put the tags on the
cups on the day of the event. The gold for the tag didn't arrive till
Friday...I was running behind schedule. No sooner than I put the gold
tag on the cup for 1st place and Bones (Wizards brother and maker of
the cup) became proud that his cup would be 1st place. He put the cup down
on the table where I was working with proud authority and broke it.
Doh!!! He looked at me with a Oh shit what did I do look. The 1st thing
out of my moth was super glue. I have broken so many gemstones on the
last polishing step and I fix them like new with superglue. It was 4:30
and the cup begins at 5 pm. We hadn't even set up our booth. Somehow we
managed to pull it together and we got our booth set up and fixed the
broken cup.

The evening was going ok. There were lots of folks to watch. There was
lots of puffing taking place and open sales of weed. Folks were
freaking out about my cookies. All my competion state how many milligrams of weed they put in each cookie and I put grams in mine. I remember going on a rant in front of a camera team about how pharmacies on the internet can sell me vicodin (a highly addictive drug) without seeing a doctor yet
weed is still illegal (and has never caused an overdose). Wizard told
me later that that was "Stuff" magazine. They filmed him selling pipes
that were filled. He got intervied for the magazine but I didn't.

Some three hours into the cup during the 1st judging the fire
department came in. They stayed and then they brought reinforcements. The buiding was thick with smoke. Within a 1/2 hour that the fire department
arrived there was an announcement that the cup was being shut down. There were no fire exits marked in the building. At the very end the police showed up! Doh this was making everyone a bit nervous. There were at least 10 sqaud cars and they were yelling at the crowd to leave the
building....NOW! This brought our booth a flurry of customers. We were
making a killing the last 20 minutes right in front of the police.
Openly selling medicine with no arrests. It did get us skeered. I heard
a hullabalou going on in the booths next to ours. Bones said "hey look
it is Coolio at the booth next door...Bob take his picture". I couldn't
get a shot as a voyeur since he would turn his head. What to do? I went
up and asked him to stand at our booth under my XXX logo. He did. Since
he took some of my 6x (which knocked him out I am sure) he also posed
with the product. Doh what an evening. The cup will happen again two
weeks from now. We will go through it all again.

Good for Lizzard.. he's a good man!

Oldbongman said:
I would love to go to something like that...I will be in LA for the whole month of March...I hope there will be something like that then and some good buds when I am there.

"2nd annual cannibis cup for prop 215 medical patients." You gotta be a 215-er. If you are, it's a trip to be sure.:smokin:

Hope it works out for ya too OBM.

Pinch, the cup seems to be pretty cool. Sucks it ended like it did. Oh well atleast they got to have fun.... I guess.

Oh, I'm sure it was fun and they plan to do it again in a couple of weeks.

Time for some coffee and a vape.. :nomo:

I ALMOST went. My buddy called me up and asked me if I wanted to go with him...but I heard it was pretty lame last year, and the 100 dollar fee was a bit steep for me. Hearing about how little free product there was this year (and the cops/firemen showing up) makes me glad I DIDN'T go this year. The event seemed too...commercial for me. I bet a group of true to the bone hipipes could put together a kick ass cup where everything was free and organized and chill, better than anyone who is trying to make a profit (or get good press). Thats what APPEARS the oprganizers of this efvent were looking for.
-PM

Agreed Mr. PM.. what made me think it would ever get better after last year's fiasco (which I attended for a few hours). Yeah, the only free product I saw last year was.. none as a matter of fact and they promote otherwise.. and charge a bunch! Like I said the same cast of characters as last year, the same unorganized gig.

Pinch, at the VERY LEAST, I thought there would be free samples. Hearing that there was not really pisses me off as some of my friends, who have low income as it is, spent their hard earned cash on what was SUPPOSED to be an Amsterdam-like sample-till-you-pass-out cup. KNowing what i know now, I wont even bother saving for the next time >:-(
I'm with you Smokey. If I were to hold a cup, it would be in the spirit of medical marijuana...free samples for everyone!
-PM

Rip-off artists they are.

The 2nd go at the cup was last weekend. It did work this time. I would say that the Doesha folks are not rip off's but disorganized. They still didn't have the exit signs posted 2 hrs before the cup started. Despite the cops showing up the week prior there were no arrests. Folks were blazing up and selling right in front of them too. That proved to me that our movement is legit with the law. Last year as well as this year free meds were passed out. There was no rhyme nor reason to it. You just had to be in the right place at the right time. This year was the same. Those that left early missed out. They even handed out bubble bags and other "make it your self stuff". It also depended on what condition you have. Those folks that needed meds (ie in a wheel chair) were given precedence over the young folks that were there to looky lou. It was kewl to sample sooo many strains under one roof in one evening (green crack was my fav) . More or less everyone shared. I think most of the cost of the admission went into the building itself and food (that is my opinion).

How cool.. sounds like they finally got it together. Good to gear from you again
Lizzzard. Merry Christmas! Got your card, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom