1st Grow: 1 Tent, 2 Plants, Different Harvest Window

Sctanley007

This is my first grow and a harvest question that I couldn't find the answer to.

I just finished the 7th week of flower and have two plants in a 2x4x5 tent. My plan was to harvest both at the same time and hang them in the tent with the lights off and fans running. Yes, very naive.

So now I have one plant whose tri's are 20-30% amber and the other plant is all milky with no amber. Obviously one will finish sooner than the other and will need to be harvested sooner.

Since the tent will still be in use I cant dry it in there...yes smell is a big factor...its 90% humidity out so that's a factor as well.

Maybe dry in a paper bag and cardboard box??

Any help is appreciated.

BTW...Im glad to become a part of this forum.

Thanks for the posts. The box idea is golden. That is the way to go. I’ll chop it and hang it in the box while the other finishes.

Another stupid question. I’m running 2 MarsHydro 300’s. When I chop one and put the box on that side of the tent I just kill that light and center the other over the plant. I’m thinking change in intensity, temp and humidity screwing with the remaining plant.

Wow...thanks all for making me feel instantly welcome. I’ve got a lot to learn so I’m sure there will be more questions. So far I’ve loved learning as much as I can about the plants, techniques and botany as well.

Someday I’ll post a journal of this first Grow. Started in homemade space buckets with pos ufo’s in a cold February basement. Finishing in a tent with 300w x2 and fan & filter. The journal will be great for a laugh and hopefully will help someone prep better than I.

I’m amazed I haven’t killed these plants yet.

So how long do you keep them hanging in the box before trimming them and putting into jars?
I usually do wet trim and hang em. Ive experimented this time and left half my critical to dry trim though so ill let you know with that one. A week should do max obviously different enviroments etc. Will effect things. ventilation is needed, I dont tape the top of my box shut I just like cross close it (fold the flaps under each other) and stab it up with a pin comb handle like im in san quentin tryna keep big ray away from me in the shower.

Well it’s hotter than balls here with 90% humidity. I have the AC cranking and the tent is 83 degrees and 50% humidity.
Same here mate. Ive had my girls in the air for 4 days and i reckon they still got atleast 2 days. Ive started leaving the box open for a couple hours at night though where its so hot n humid I do not want mildew.

A quick update as to how the drying is going.

The cardboard box with the two levels of butchers twine is working perfectly for drying the first harvested plant while the second finishes...if she ever decides to start turning amber. I poked holes all over the box and it sits nicely in the now unoccupied spot in the tent.

There is no hay smell and the buds are sticky and smell of citrus and hops. when looked at through a 60x scope amber resin is oozing out in places. Initially I had harvesters remorse, thinking it could have ripened a bit more since its my first run and was judging harvest time through research alone.

Wife and I tasted a bit last night mostly because I couldn't wait any longer. Despite this plant not having huge dense buds and them being popcorn like, it packs a great punch. The smoke is citrus and a bit of perfume although still wet and harsh. After curing this should taste absolutely delicious.

Waited about 15 minutes...nothing...and then it was like a switch was flipped. Nice whole body calm, hands and feet tingling, vision about .5 seconds behind and a super relaxed feeling. My wife is so stoked and amazed.

I wanted to update to let others know that drying in the cardboard box is a viable solution to this problem and so far I haven't had any issues. Thanks to all for their replies and ideas. A special thanks to Bilbobidkin420 for the help and sharing the video of the setup.

Back
Top Bottom