1st Grow, PH Questions

DaKindbuds

1st Grow, going good. I got a PH meter about 3-3 1/2 weeks into my grow and I had just started transplanting my girls from 1gal. to 3 gal. I decided to check my run-off and it was very low. I just chalked it up to me flying blind without a PH meter for a week. Thought maybe I was the cause. So I just flushed until I got the PH where I wanted it and then gave some PH treated Nutrient water and everything appears fine, great growth, good color, proper drainage, ventilation, temps, RH. Why when is it that when I feed the next time and check the run-off it's back to being low? Any ideas I'm getting concerned, please help me out here. Oh yeah I'm growing in Tupur Gold Coco, 20-25% soil, 5-10% sand. Do you think my choice of unconventional combination of mediums is to blame, can I do something to correct this?

My situation is this I got my PH right where I wanted it last time I fed. The waste/runoff was at 5.8 but after the following feeding my waste is at around 5.2. This doesn't seem right to me, why would the PH in my medium shift so much between feelings. Should I be concerned

Having a drop off of .5 is normal on run off. Anything more than that and you may need action... When checking the run off be sure to start with a completely dry mixture... Water slowly and catch the first water that come out. Do not allow for too much flow or it will dilute your reading even more. That's what I have read? A ppm meter would help as well to know what you have in your mixture. Watch the plant and she will tell you everything you need to know! The leaves and growth is how she talks to you... Try not to make to many moves at once so to be able to watch and see her reactions... If she doesn't like something your doing she will let you know within 24hrs usually! I try to do one thing at a time and watch... Good Luck...

So going from approx. 5.85 to about 5.3ish is okay? How much more of a difference than a change of .5 would it have to be for me to know I'm in trouble? Also what do I do to keep my medium ph within optimal ranges? Shouldn't my runoff ideally be at 5.8 also? Should I raise the ph of my water going in to about 7.0 so my runoff goes back up to 5.8? Slightly confused but I think I'm close to an answer

Have you checked your ppm at run off? When your ph is low it usually means your ppm is high and vice versa... Are you showing any signs of distress by the plants? Why the "high" concern if no problems? Perhaps some pics would help out? Unless you have signs of a problem I wouldn't worry too much...

No signs of stress in fact I think they look great. Im just suffering first grow jitters. I don't have a ppm meter. Since I got my ph meter, I've been going through a kind of crazy routine trying to be too technical probably. But i can't continue to basically flushing my girls every time I water just to get my runoff back to 5.8 I'm just gonna water/feed them till I get runoff and just forget about the runoff till its time for a flush then I'll get the runoff back to where I want it. Oh and here's the girls, how do you think they look?

Bro, instead of spamming the faq with new topics, one for every question just open one thread and stick to it or better start a journal. Much easyer and cleaner :)

I'm a first time grower also, and I just went through some ph problems, so I can share my experience. First of all what kind of ph pen do you have? Is it less then $70, because most of the cheaper pens don't compensate for temperature which affects your ph reading. Your runoffs might simply be of different temp? I had a $20 pen off amazon and I had wacky readings all over the place, I bought a $90 from a local indoor garden store now I ph with confidence, I could tell the difference the first time i used it. Money well spent, try to get one with a replaceable probe too because they will go bad eventually.

Your saying all the right things! The girls look fine and appear very healthy. My suggestion would be continue as normal but look into a PPM meter. This will help you know how much the girls are taking in. If the PPM is high then back off the nutes accordingly and vice versa. If nothing else a ppm meter will help keep you out of trouble over/under feeding. Stick to the basics and you will do fine... temp, rh, ph, don't over/under water, keep light at proper distance, ventilation and transplant when needed, keep these in check and you will have a good successful grow! What light are you using? what are all your numbers for the basics? size tent? #of plants? These questions will all play a role in the grow as you progress...

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words. I'm moving my grow area, to a bigger room with a Fujitsu A/C. But, now I have to build some kind of walls. What do you suggest? I have some 2x4 and plywood, panda plastic. I have one Dominator XXXL and I'm getting another very soon, so I have to design a setup for two lights and I've never built a growroom. Any help would be appreciated. The space in the pic is about 16x7-8 what dimensions should I make the room, and how should I hang the lights? End to end or parallel? Decisions

image23082.jpg

I boarded up the window so I can seal the room up and add Co2 after I fet a couple grows in. In the meantime I can just scrub the air and pump it back into the room the growroom is in right? I haven't made a big mistake in doing that have I? It seemed like the ight thing to do at the time, and now that I'm thinking about it I'm second guessing my decision to board it up. I gotta get back to work I'll check back on my next smoke break any input would be helpful.

This is a place for questions but to me seems more apropriet to make 1 thread with all his questions instead of 10 q 10 threads. Or?

I apologize if Im using improper forum etiquette. I'm new to using forums and don't quite have a complete grasp of how things work. That being said I've decided to just put up a wall with 2x4 and plywood using styrofoam boards as insulation. I'll just put up a false wall and move it a my girls grow. im thinking, maybe bring the width of the space closer together so it reflects light better? What do you think? I definitely need help figuring which way to hang the light which would be better?
image23150.jpg

Remember what I said "Stick to the basics!" Co2 is great but if EVERYTHING is not perfect it is a waste of money and time and very well could be dangerous! Too much Co2 in the air can KILL YOU!!! Is where you live legal to grow? If not boarding up windows is a sure giveaway something illegal is going on... Red flags mean Red lights and a knock on the door! Why the move? the plants look fine? What I would suggest is blocking a 5x5 or 6x6 section off and control that space. Depending on the number of plants? Smaller is better and easier to control. You never answered my questions! What is the light a 400w, 1000w? Is it a MH or HPS, LED? What is Temp.? RH? Co2 means NOTHING without answering these basic questions. You are creating work for yourself and costing money when you likely don't have to. It's very easy to get caught up in the excitement but DON'T! Trust me stick to the basics! I just finished my first grow ever and yielded 0ver 27 oz. of great Chronic. Size is not everything "controlling" what you have is ... I have a 4x4x7 tent. 1000w with a 8" inline/carbon filter. Kept my Temps, RH, PH, Watering, and ventilation in control and had a great grow!
0012248.JPG
0071528.JPG
0041963.JPG
0012228.JPG

My bad never gave you all the details. I'm currently running one XXXL Dominator hood 1000w MH, 15 plants totally legit cardholder. The window faces into my own property and on top of that there are blinds between the board and the window so it's completely unnoticeable anyways. Now my reasoning for moving the plants is that I don't know how to make the current room continue to stay at such good conditions when the weather gets hotter soon here. I don't have central AC and I'm getting another XXXL in a couple days so it's going raise temps in there I know it. I have another room that does have an AC and it is completely programmable. Fresh air piped in from right on the other side of the wall. For someone that has never grown or put together a grow room its the easier choice, plus now it frees up funds for phresh air filter or something similar because I'm guessing the smell is going to be loud when 15 are flowering. My HPS lights aren't going to generate more heat than my MH are they? Oh yeah my current room temp is 70 canopy temp 74 RH 52%. Those are good stats, right? I'm not really sure how much room I'm really going to need for all these girls in flower so I have a little more room if needed in the new space. It does kind of suck having to move. But most of the stuff to buil the new space I lying around the house. What would you do in my situation?

My bad never gave you all the details. I'm currently running one XXXL Dominator hood 1000w MH, 15 plants totally legit cardholder. The window faces into my own property and on top of that there are blinds between the board and the window so it's completely unnoticeable anyways. Now my reasoning for moving the plants is that I don't know how to make the current room continue to stay at such good conditions when the weather gets hotter soon here. I don't have central AC and I'm getting another XXXL in a couple days so it's going raise temps in there I know it. I have another room that does have an AC and it is completely programmable. Fresh air piped in from right on the other side of the wall. For someone that has never grown or put together a grow room its the easier choice, plus now it frees up funds for phresh air filter or something similar because I'm guessing the smell is going to be loud when 15 are flowering

Back
Top Bottom