1st real grow op

entergrow

alright..ive hasd mild succes before but this time im shooting for the stars so to speak. ive got 7 females...2 mendo purps (orrigial strain) 2 romulan and the rest are either wheelchair or chemdog. the lables got removed from the later 3 before planting somehow. anyways....moving along. what i want to know for starters is: when i have finished and am ready to cut what is the bet way to id these strains and put a name to the smoke or whatever. is there a bud picture directory site maybe or something along those lines? silly i know but i want to know what im smokeing in the long run so i know what strains i wana keep and clone. secondly...ive got them under around 225 watts of t5's right now..there 2 weeks old and healthy. when i choose to switch them to a bud cycle will my 650 watt hps do the job or do i need better lights. i dont have a switchable ballast so im stuck with hps and thats cool with me for budding anyway. i can get double the veg lights if need be. so much to cover..figured i start here. help guys...oh jesus help me! ha ha ha ha

Plant labels in the pots will help you know which is what. Labels on the pots, sorting things when finishing up etc.

Your HPS will work, the T5 should be ok, might want to double wattage later depending on how long your vegging. I highly recommend the new digital ballasts.

Congrats on keeping it going! There are various economic methods for labeling your plants. You can get a pen and write it on popsicle sticks. Get them at dollar store, 100 pc for $1+tax. The fancy white labels cost more and they're plastic while the popsicle stick is wood (biodegradable). For pictures you can type in the strain name on google and click on image. Good way to check yourself what it looks like while growing it in different stages, if there are pics of different stages, usually you'll find more pics of them during their few final weeks of bloom. You can also search forum and select "search titles only" under search by Keyword. Type the name of the strain in the "Keyword(s)" section. I use these to compare my girls with the more mature ones, to see if I'm on the right track, or if I have different phenotype.

With the T5 your girls will grow slower than the 650hps in veg. You can use the hps from start to finish and put the T5 aside for clones or mothers. Though the hps is lower in the blue spectrum it will still work. Low blue spectrum with high wattage is sufficient over high blue spectrum but low wattage. Think wattage is like the pressure for light, the higher the pressure the harder it pushes light forward to the leafs for absorption. To handle the intensity your plant will kick up water, nutrients, and CO2 intake which will equal faster growth. It's all up to you.

Veg under 225w T5 and the 650w hps for bloom will still work, just a little less yield...

Back
Top Bottom