1st Time Grow! by Barneby

Barneby1

Hey everyone. 1st attempt at growing my own bud. exciting stuff.

for some details...

-1st seedling sprout on 3/14, pics posted on 4/15.
-Outdoor Variety pack bought from marijuana-seeds.nl
-Small grow, only 4 plants.
-100% outdoor grow so far. living in phoenix, AZ. (questions about that later)
-3gal pots
-fox farms ocean forest soil
-perlite
-Botanicare CNS17 grow (3-1-2)
-Botanicare Liquid Karma .1-.1-.5 growth catalyst (shop guy recommended it and tossed me a free sample)
-Watering with nutes every 3 days

now for pics!

#1 1st to sprout and seems to be growing the fastest of the 4.

#2big growth spirt over the past week or so. catching up to the 1st.

#3Not sure what's up with this one. took FOREVER to sprout and has several oddly shaped leaves. Also, the main stem has split in 2 (like a Y, seems a bit odd for not being very tall). Not sure if it's just the strain or if this is a downs-plant. :(

#4Last planted (about a week and a half after the others). Guessing it's a sativa by the leaves. and yes it's in a country crock container lol.

Also, I have a few questions for those who might be reading...

Should i be watering more or less? i read the plants preffer semi-dry soil and have been trying to not over-water. its been mid to high 80's the past week and a half or so and its drying up pretty quick.

Am i going to need to force flower the plants in a few weeks or will it naturally occur? summer is coming and i worry about the heat killing them.

Any constructive criticism is welcome. Remember it's my first grow, so i'm sure i'm doing something wrong. Thanks for taking the time to check out my ladies (keeping fingers crossed).

they will start to flower on their own, and when its dry 2 inches down or so is when I water, they look good bro, hopefully they turn out to be females.....peace and good luck!!

Figure it's time for an update!

they've done some pretty healthy growing the past 10 days...still not as big as i feel they should be (as compared to the other grows i've been monitoring). As it turns out i wasn't feeding them enough nutes because the directions were not very specific and i didn't want to burn them. I've since adjusted the amount and it seems to be helping a lot...though i did burn the smaller one a little.

Also, no signs of gender yet...sigh.

#4 you can see the burn on the lower leaves :(

I've also decided i want to try an indoor grow and am in the process of building a grow box. Though i'm looking for suggestions on reflective surfaces. I went to the store and checked out some of the emergency blankets but i wasn't sure of their quality. The label stated it was alumized polyester or something along those lines...granted they were only like 1.99 each. Heard mylar works pretty well. Anyone have a personal favorite?

Thanks japanfreak. Not sure they are going to make it before summer gets here though. #3 and 4 still have a lot of growing to do and summer is fast approaching here in phoenix. it's already been low 90's a few times in the past few weeks.

Currently in the process of building a grow box for some inside growing. Read up a little on your hempy grow(s) and i might have to give that a try. i saw you had temps in the mid 90's and still had a decent yield. It'll be damn near impossible for me to hit optimal temps without forking out massive cash for a/c during summer here, so that grow style might be a good idea for me :) glad there's experienced growers like yourself that are willing to share their secrets and be honest with results!

Sorry! been pretty busy lately! for the updates...

i think it was about 2 weeks ago now, i got really baked out one afternoon and forgot to feed the plants...and on top of that i added too many nutes the next day and plant #2 about died. It was literally down to a few larger stems and a few fan leaves. It has since made a recovery but it's still hurting in spots.

Also made an indoor growbox from scratch since my last post. Took 4 clippings from plant #3 and 2 have taken root. Will have to make another thread for that one i suppose. going to do a hempy grow.

pics pics pics

plant 1

plant #2. pretty embarassed about having nearly killed it =x seems to be recovering quite nicely, and rapidly at that.

plant #3 pistils all over it. no buds though :(

plants #4. This one won't stop growing. has added quite a bit of height in the past week. no sign of gender.

Pistils pic. is that burn on the end of the pistils or are they supposed to be that color?

Been quite a trial and error on this grow. Being my first i'm sure i'm not the only one though. Each plant seems to be very particular about it's nutes and even just the amount of water i give it. That's what i get for buying a variety pack of seeds though, lol.

Also, temps have been getting quite high here lately. it's been 100F all afternoon today and low 90's for the past week. RH obviously very low as well. Not entirely sure my plants are going to make it through the summer as it hits 115F+ and those days are coming very soon.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom