1st time grower may need help

BlazeitlikeED

Im sorry if this is in the wrong thread as im new to posting to this site. Today will be the start of week 3 for my babies and im concerned they are starting to fall waay behind on growth and may possibly have a problem. My setup is a grow tent with 2 x 300w cfls. Im growing in Coco and using fox nutrients. Now i think the main problem could be down to the timer on my plants. It worked for the first week or so because when i went to bed i heard the whole thing shut-down at like 1 o'clock, but a week later about 2 oclock when i went to bed one night the setup was still on. So basically my timer had broke and could have been for about a week.

So here are my babies, You might not be able to see but my leaves are starting to go a tiny bit purple. Is this a problem of any kind?

photo_4323.JPG
photo_4323.JPG
photo_3408.JPG
photo_2500.JPG
photo_1570.JPG

Sorry if I'm being paranoid but hey its my first grow.

If your at all worried about your timer you can not use it until your ready to flower. then i would suggest getting a new one because you don't want your daytime/nighttime schedule altering or not workin right. And as for how they look I have 3 gorilla glue#4 from seed two weeks old that look close to the same size but are greener probly from more nitrogen. Verde from humbolt nutes took care of a lot of my n problems for me but happy growing there are a lot more knowledgeable people to help. K.i.s.s. Keep it simple silly

300w CFLs: Is this 300w equivalent, or actual power used?

What are your grow temps with lights on and lights off?

With coco you should be watering at least once a day, with diluted nutes. (I would start out about 25% of the dose on the label)

In my coco grow, I water twice a day.

Timer could contribute to some issues, the plants produce hormones during the dark period. I would get a replacement ASAP.

Well my plant was about this size a week ago so that checks out a little. But yeah i will make sure to get timer in the next day or so. Thanks anyway man!

300w CFLs: Is this 300w equivalent, or actual power used?

What are your grow temps with lights on and lights off?

With coco you should be watering at least once a day, with diluted nutes. (I would start out about 25% of the dose on the label)

In my coco grow, I water twice a day.

Timer could contribute to some issues, the plants produce hormones during the dark period. I would get a replacement ASAP.

I am using 2 x 300w cfl bulbs so i have 600w between them and they are dual spectrum. And i now this is bad but i haven't been able to get actual measurements yet for the temps due to lack of funds. But its slightly warm in the tents. The bulbs don't give off much heat but it is still warm in there. And for my watering schedule i have put the recommended amount in per gallon, so i shall take your advice for diluting it a little. As for how often, im finding myself doing it every two days or so atm. I have seen people say that you should only water them when the top part of the soil starts to feel a little dry.

I am using 2 x 300w cfl bulbs so i have 600w between them and they are dual spectrum. And i now this is bad but i haven't been able to get actual measurements yet for the temps due to lack of funds. But its slightly warm in the tents. The bulbs don't give off much heat but it is still warm in there. And for my watering schedule i have put the recommended amount in per gallon, so i shall take your advice for diluting it a little. As for how often, im finding myself doing it every two days or so atm. I have seen people say that you should only water them when the top part of the soil starts to feel a little dry.

Did you have to buy a specific socket for those bulbs or are you using a normal, standard sized socket?

Dual spectrum is not bad. It's fine for growing.

If you look around, local big box stores will carry a simple thermometer for just a couple dollars, some of the products will even be a thermometer/hygrometer combination unit.

My CFLs used to raise the temp to over 90F 32C, which is getting into the 'too hot' range.

When the top of the soil starts to feel a little dry, you shouldn't be watering. You have several days to go usually before you can water again. The top of the soil should be 100% dry, then wait longer, as there will be plenty of moisture in the soil to sustain the plant.

Did you have to buy a specific socket for those bulbs or are you using a normal, standard sized socket?

Dual spectrum is not bad. It's fine for growing.

If you look around, local big box stores will carry a simple thermometer for just a couple dollars, some of the products will even be a thermometer/hygrometer combination unit.

My CFLs used to raise the temp to over 90F 32C, which is getting into the 'too hot' range.

When the top of the soil starts to feel a little dry, you shouldn't be watering. You have several days to go usually before you can water again. The top of the soil should be 100% dry, then wait longer, as there will be plenty of moisture in the soil to sustain the plant.

They came with a socket already. So i have them suspending from the roof with a piece of string attached so it takes the weight. I also have a fan/filter exhaust installed to help with the cooling a little because i dont feel like it needs much, or so i think until i get a therm. Plus it will help with the smell for later.

Hmm. Maybe i might be over watering them a little then too. Ill hold off alot longer this time. In terms of the nutrients, Should i start the week 3 big bloom this week as scheduled or do you think i should hold off a week because of progress?

Ok good deal man, that means they're likely going to be 300 actual watts, and not 300 watt equivalent. That rating of CFL bulbs confuses everyone.

Hold off on the nutrients definitely. At this age they're going to need just a little bit, and the soil can provide all the nutrients they need.

I wait until I have at least 2 full sets of leaves (4 total full leaves) before I start nutes. This usually ends up somewhere in week 2-3. But with the stunted growth you're seeing, you'll want to follow the leaf count more than the timeline.

great advice antics, all of it,, especially the NO NUTES part. I am not going to harp on about urine, but if you are interested in the subject, check my journal. ? misting. and foliar feeding with a heavily diluted spray of urine is a simple way to raise your younguns, cheers

Ok good deal man, that means they're likely going to be 300 actual watts, and not 300 watt equivalent. That rating of CFL bulbs confuses everyone.

Hold off on the nutrients definitely. At this age they're going to need just a little bit, and the soil can provide all the nutrients they need.

I wait until I have at least 2 full sets of leaves (4 total full leaves) before I start nutes. This usually ends up somewhere in week 2-3. But with the stunted growth you're seeing, you'll want to follow the leaf count more than the timeline.

Yeah thanks so much for your help! i will hold out for another day or two before i water them again because the last time was on sunday. I will definatley take your afvice with the nutrients. But does that mean i start my week 1 at 4 leaves?

great advice antics, all of it,, especially the NO NUTES part. I am not going to harp on about urine, but if you are interested in the subject, check my journal. ? misting. and foliar feeding with a heavily diluted spray of urine is a simple way to raise your younguns, cheers

Is there any chance you can provide a link please? i had a quick look through your posts and i couldn't find what you are referring to. I would certainly be interested in anything extra i can provide my babies.

well sure i can,, look at the bottom of my post,, see the two green lines,, 'niveks need to know nature',,,, that is a link to my journal,, same with everyone else, look below their names for links to their work,, cheers blaze

Yeah thanks so much for your help! i will hold out for another day or two before i water them again because the last time was on sunday. I will definatley take your afvice with the nutrients. But does that mean i start my week 1 at 4 leaves?

Yes sir, that's correct.

The instructions on nutrients is confusing because it says week 1.. and people assume from the day it pops up. I tried that. And killed 2 plants that way. The plant has to get strong enough, with a nice root structure started, and enough leaves to absorb more light to use those nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom