Wanted: T-5 EXPERT

Red-Cricket

Hey All, Need to know some pointers on a T-5 setup. Im using (5) 4' DUAL bulb fixtures set in a circular method. (1) at 12 oclock...(1) at 2 oclock...(1) 4 oclock..(1) 8 oclock...and (1) at 10 ocolck. I built this to help invade the canopy from the sides. Using 6400 54 watt now for veg.....(10) bulbs-4'. Need to know the hot ticket for flowering. 2700..? 3000?... a mix...Any comments on this setup?? Thanks for you help! I DO realize that this will NOT compare to a "Hot bulb" system, but I want a low heat, low maintinence ste-up. Will be Growing (8) Big Bud plants max. Thanks for your help!!

I'm not exactly a T5 expert but it sounds like you pretty much know what you're doing. The light from the T5's do not penetrate as much as a HID so spreading out the light to try and get it to cover the entire plant is a good idea.

For flowering you want light that is predominantly in the red spectrum, so 2700k, 3000k all fit into this. Some people also find that using a few of the veg lights during flowering helps as well and it could be worth experimenting with. Something like a 70/30 mix would be good with mainly flowering lights (~2700k-3000k)

Big Buds do well under T5's. Keep them within a couple inches of the plants. I've used the Spectralux 3000k and they worked good.

THANKS ALL! ............... For your knowledge!

Hey Cricket,
The aquatic / reef industry in on the leading edge of T-5 lamp technology.
They are now being developed for the growing hobby of aquatic plants also, so the color spectrums available are amazing... from 3500 reptile red, 5500 daylight, to 14,000 kelvin and pure actinic. Marine Depot is a good source.

I use a range of T-5's for my 150 gallon reef and have mimicked natural sunlight to the point that my acroporas and soft corals are growing and reproducing like crazy.

Also, a company called IceCap sells remote electronic electronic ballasts for fourescent applications. They work very well with T-5's and keep heat away.

I can hardly wait until things become legal here, so I can experiment with these T-5's on a different kind of biosphere.

Cool.

Back
Top Bottom