to many t-5's?

Red-Cricket

Hey Experts! Im gonna try a T-5 grow entirely. I WILL have heat issues and I have plenty of time! This is my 1st indoor grow. I Now have (3) T-5 4 foot long approx 3" apart, using veg bulbs. "The word is close as possible"...Well..I fried my first 2 gals the 1st night. They were about 3" tall. Iv now added 2 MORE t-5's apporx. 6" down each side that pivot at the top so they swing "in and out" for side penatration. Its starting to get pretty hot in there..(5'X 7' X 8' high) room. Total (5) 4' twin bulb units total (10) 54 watt bulbs. I Will be growing Big Bud mainly. No ventilation at this time. If 10 t-5 put out this much heat?? Id hate to guess what a hps would do. Will this setup still work as good if I need to keep plants 4-6" away? I trying to get as many lums as possible....any suggestions...Thanks Red

I hate to break u the news to u

I think ur wasting ur time and money trying to grow indoors in the summer with no ventilation. On top of that, trying to place a hot series of T5 lamps extremely close to a 2nd group of plants after u've already fried 2. To add insult to injury, u add more lights after this? WTF? Are u really asking if this would work good? U already saw what would happen the last time. To answer ur question, I don't know. I seriously think u have a 5% chance max to pull it off (unless it winter in an artic region where u are)with the info given.

Check out youtube. search using "t5 flower room." I have T5's (8 bulbs), that will grow as well as 400w HID. I don't use them because to purchase the bulbs will be $80-$120, depending on brand. I used T5 to grow SPS corals, so it will work easily on plants. I went to HGT Supply and got an air cooled 400w HID for $220. I don't like the heat, but I was able to exhuast it.

I will use my T5s when I move and do a much smaller grow space (2X2). I don't need that much space since I only grow for me.

T5 can get hot. Even on my 120G tank, I had to run fans to keep the water below 82F. You will have to vent the area, but you will not require high CFMs.

You will have to vent the area, but you will not require high CFMs.
This all depends upon the size/area of the grow space. The one in question is a 5'x7'x8'. The fan should be able to exhaust the room in a couple of minutes, At least 200-250 CFM if ur hooked up in line with a small filter and air cooled hood.

well i am running 6 t-5 and 3 300 watt CFL and my closet vents to the top and intake threw bottom , at the top i have 2 small CPU fans sucking air and it keeps my room in the mid 70's

its a lot cooler now then it was 3 months ago... regardless or your light. ;)

I have a 400 hps with a air cooled hood and i can put my plants on the glass with out in heat. Then again i have a 280 cfm inline fan cooling it and also a 280 cf, for exhaust. I see alot of people using 1 fan with exhaust and filter inline with hood. It works for some but thats not the intended way for them to be used. T-5,s can work you need a exhaust i bet that will take care of the problem i have 4 4footers 6" inches away with out the heat in veg. cycle. get a exhuast..

I have a 400 hps with a air cooled hood and i can put my plants on the glass with out in heat. Then again i have a 280 cfm inline fan cooling it and also a 280 cf, for exhaust. I see alot of people using 1 fan with exhaust and filter inline with hood. It works for some but thats not the intended way for them to be used. T-5,s can work you need a exhaust i bet that will take care of the problem i have 4 4footers 6" inches away with out the heat in veg. cycle. get a exhuast..

This is helpful info. Thanks + reps. Dunno if it works, but its logical. U got a pic of the setup so we can see exactly what ur saying tizz?

Re: I hate to break u the news to u

I think ur wasting ur time and money trying to grow indoors in the summer with no ventilation. On top of that, trying to place a hot series of T5 lamps extremely close to a 2nd group of plants after u've already fried 2. To add insult to injury, u add more lights after this? WTF? Are u really asking if this would work good? U already saw what would happen the last time. To answer ur question, I don't know. I seriously think u have a 5% chance max to pull it off (unless it winter in an artic region where u are)with the info given.

Wow. She (correct?) just went off on him pretty good haha

Back
Top Bottom