1st time grower, with clones, led lighting

blogmeister

Hello all!

Got a couple of mother plants for free and decided to have a go for some extra cash.

Friend of mine told me it was really easy, and being a successful amateur gardener, i thought it was a piece of piss.

My growing room is my attic, maximum 3 feet height. So i covered it in white materials floor and sides, with reflective insulation on the ceiling, but it's not a completely enclosed room. my intension is to put a velcro curtain to make it enclosed. My lighting is 3 low voltage led strip lights. And i also fitted 2 roof vents for air circulation, but it's cold up there. I'm keen on keeping the led's and maybe buying more.

So I soaked rockwool cubes for a day in water from a freshwater river about 10 miles away, and intend on watering my crops from the same water. Took 3 cuttings from each mother, dipped them in cloning gel, into the cubes and into a propigator with a lid under the same lighting. But it seems the clones are not doing well. The clones are quite leafy and looks like they are not taking. I do realise it's a bit of a fright for them at first, but it looks like it's not good.

Because I'm not using high voltage lights, i realise temperature is a big factor, and with the roof vents it does make it cold.

If temperature is the issue, can anyone suggest a way of heating it up? Or anything else!!??

Thank you all in advance!!

Temp [>70˚,<90˚]/Humidity [70%+++] r HUGE factors when cloning. Temp issue= heating pad. did u scrape the stem? Tip the leaves?(slows transpiration) if ur just gonna veg only in that attic, i'd use some T-5's 4 better lighting & a little warmth, they also have a SLIM profile 4 those vertically challenged spaces... If u got $$$, LED it.

Thanks for that quick reply.
Didn't scrape stems as i reads somewhere it didn't really matter much, but obviously it does in my case. Didn't tip the leaves either, gonna find out what that means.
Plan on vegging and flowering in the same place as it's the only room I've got.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom