2 Chainz Smokes 24-Karat Rolling Papers; Nancy Grace Responds

Jacob Redmond

Rapper 2 Chainz has been offering the common folk a peek at a life of luxury in the lavishly named GQ web series "Most Expensivest Shit." He's chowed down on $1,000 ice cream sundaes, used a $5,000 toothbrush and gone to church in a $15,000 bulletproof suit, and in the Season Two kickoff, he shows that you don't need a G6 to get extravagantly high.

Enlisting the help of a celebrity "medical-cannabis consultant" , 2 Chainz and the doc stop by a tobacco shop where the salesman, Michael, introduces them to Shine's 24-karat gold rolling papers. Since such papers should only hold the dopest dope, his assistant breaks out two cans of the world's most expensive pot, which retail for $100 a can (about $800 an ounce). While the quality might be acceptable, 2 Chainz wasn't as impressed by the quantity. "This shit is like them Lays potato chips," he cracks. "You open up them shits and there's only four on the inside!"

While their solid gold joint gets rolled, 2 Chainz also busts out his secret weapon: a massive pipe that's been filled with an ounce of "loud." Dr. Dina then ignites the bowl with a butane torch that sends up so much smoke it even causes the rapper take a few steps back before he quickly, and giddily, grabs the next hit.

While 2 Chainz remains busy with his own music and new record label, The Real University – which released the collaborative mixtape T.R.U. Jack City in January – the rapper is earning his stripes as a public advocate for marijuana legalization. Earlier this year, he appeared on HLN's Nancy Grace where he fended off the firebrand host by enumerating the benefits of legalizing weed, from increasing tax revenue to fixing the criminal justice system.

"I'm not sure if you know, but everybody has the ability to get their hands on pot right now, whether it's legal or not," 2 Chainz said. "I just feel like if you legalize this particular drug you could cut out certain things in the criminal justice system as far as the overcrowding of prisons, as far as putting it on our criminal record to prevent us from getting loans, to prevent us from getting homes. Just the whole thing around recreational weed isn't making any sense to me."

When reached for comment on the new video, Grace responded with a mix of humor and reproach. "$800 for an ounce of Loud? Really? That alone should be a felony – the 24-carat gold paper is definitely an aggravating circumstance!," Grace tells Rolling Stone. "The caviar of joints? For someone as smart and educated as 2 Chainz, this video is even more ironic. 2 Chainz won't allow his children to have caffeine: not even a soda. (P.S., I don't either.) Wait until his children spot this video on the Internet. Explain that, Daddy!"

12864.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: 2 Chainz Smokes 24-Karat Rolling Papers; Nancy Grace Responds | Rolling Stone
Author: Jon Blistein
Photo Credit: SDOTB Photography
Website: Rolling Stone ? Music, Movies, TV, Politics, Country, and Culture

Back
Top Bottom