2 day old seedling root grew out bottom of cube!

Qanzilla

Hey all, I am concerned about this!
I germinated 5 seeds overnight. All sprouted, so I planted them in my nursery tray with humidity dome and heating pad.
This was yesterday morning, and already, one has sprouted, and a different one's taproot grew 1/4" past the little "seed starter" cube. The taproot shot straight down and is almost touching the tray! I am worried about it sticking to the tray underneath it. Should I re-pot it? or leave it alone? I'm a first timer so any advice is appreciated!
Thanks

you can throw it in the pot already
but I had roots sticking out of the bottom of my rooting plug for a few day with no real problem
but I don't keep mine in a dome
it just sits in or on something in my upper tent
as shown in various pics on my journal
gl on your grow
start a journal so members can follow and help along

Thanks for the quick reply!
We are starting to document everything now and will be starting a journal soon. I'll try and get it going tomorrow!

Thanks for the quick reply!
We are starting to document everything now and will be starting a journal soon. I'll try and get it going tomorrow!

:goodjob:

Dang chronic your quick. I was going to suggest that it's going to be ok maybe for a few days but you should probbobly put in your growing medium of choice. If you use rockwool
Some people just go to the next size up for a bit then go to there medium of choice. I'm low pressure aero or NFT. So soon as there are roots I'm in the 3" pots with hydroton and my rapid rooter. And yes start a journal so more people can follow along and give you really good advice when needed.:thumb:

I wanted to try aero but with the pump adding heat to an already hot place I live it didn't seem to good
so I went with dwc bubbler

Yeah my closet grow I have those heat issues in the Rez cause I got a submersible pump only. The tent I realized part of my temp issues are from the pump so I bought one I could move outside the Rez, yeah even outside the Rez it will put out some heat and if your temp is already boarder line then it may push it over. I'm going to revamp my aero system like rip it apart and throw it in the garbage lol. I'm rebuilding everything from the Rez not being light proof, to the tubes being well, tubes lol don't get the grates seal with grommets and my net pots actually leak because they won't sit down right, so square posts will be put in instead of tubes, I'm going to increase from 3" pots to 3.5 my hands fit in the 3" hole for maintenance but rip my hand up it's such a tight fit. I debating on switching to micro sprinkler lines on the outside of the pipe and poking the heads through to the inside. I just really like my internally plumbed sprinkler lines on the one I have. Less holes and a shorter profile. Wow just realized most of this I have read since being member of this site. And what I haven't read it's been trial and error. Key thing is. Keeping the holes tight above the water level, and to a minimum. Wing a plumber you'd think I shouldn't have leaks but I have tons I've been fixing throughout my grow. In the end I hope to go full pressure aero. But that's hopefully gonna be after I get the system under control lol. I really like low pressure/NFT though. I read about soil and look at it and seems complicated lol. Sure once I had a few grows under my belt i would understand though.

Back
Top Bottom