Seedling is growing a little odd

phosdex

Hello, finally making my first post after reading awhile.

This is my first time growing so I got seeds from Attitude and started germinating them.

On June 14 @ 10:45pm CST, I put 8 seeds into glasses of water for about 24 hours. After this time they all had sunk to the bottom and each seed had started to crack open but the taproots were still in the shell.

I then carefully placed each seed into a rockwool cube that I had soaked in 3% hydrogen peroxide before flushing many times.

The cubes were placed on a pyrex tray I had sitting around and I put a clear sterilite container over the top.

For now I have 3 27w 6500k CFLs as close as possible.

So anyway, should I be worried about this seedling in the back-right? It's a super lemon haze. It has been just short of 4 full days since starting.

0618101633-03.jpg
0618101633-00.jpg

from the pic it looks like the tap is showing, maybe you didnt have the seed far enough into the rockwool or the tap didnt penetrate the rockwool, you may want to replant it in soil, covering the root, or you can try to gently pull it out of the cube then open the hole in the cube a bit and try re-inserting back in but that tap is probably too long to get all the way in the cube now, or you can leave it and see what happens, just wouldnt want to lose it, maybe someone else has another idea, peace

Im with Diesel on that one....looks like the tap root for sure.I had one like that in soil....It forced itself out of the soil as the root grew.I noticed and just buried it down more in the soil and it was fine.

I would try covering it (the tap root) with a small piece of rockwool, so its in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom