2 liter bottles

stonewallred

My plants are getting to the point where I will be able to sex them (bag seed, broke ground 6/23).
I want to snag clones off all the females, and was thinking about planting the clones once they develop roots, into 2 liter bottles. (painted or taped to prevent light).
Thought process is that root, plant and straight to 12/12 to flower.
Each plant will suffer a loss of yield I figure, but the number of plants should make up for the individual losses I think.
I have one of the bigger rubbermaid tubs with lights, (CFLs, 6 above and two mid way up on each long side and one on the narrow ends) and can reasonably fit one plant in a two gallon pot into it, two would fit but would crowd each other.
However, I could fit 8 to 10 2 liter bottles in there with no problem.
Any thoughts, experience or links about this plan?

Another reason is that I want to keep the females I take the clones from in veg until I can actually test drive them and figure out which one does the best for pain management for me, and that one will be my mother.
The seeds are from several different strains (was at a party and about five or six folks were busting bags out and passing a bong. I scooped up all the seeds that they put in the ashtray while packing the bongs, out of 14 seeds, I got 9 to germinate, and 7 have made it this far)

if you are taking clones and putting them straight into flower, then I think the 2liter bottles will be fine, since they will never get that big, I doubt you would need the 2 gal pots...

I have never done it, but have read it is possible, and that people do that to get an early determination of sex as well,,

ps. I heard that green bottles are better,, block algae growth, etc.. again, just what I heard,, not from experience,, as I have never tried that.

Back
Top Bottom