2 Revolver Autoflowers In Cabinet With 1000 Watt COB LED

donnyd63

I’m really looking forward to seeing how well the Full Spectrum LED COB/ (chip on board) does compared to the 250 watt CFL Said Cabinet came with when I Purchased it. I’m happy to share here on 420 and although I’ve yet to Complete a Grow Journal I’ve got my Own Place Now which enables me to grow uninterrupted and I will never again be sidelined or Sidetracked from the task @ hand Brother & Sister Growers! Anyhooow, I hope to Help as many people as possible with the knowledge of Growing of 37 years in the Gardening/Landscaping Gig I believe I can do just that Because I Am Eh! Namaste

Attachments

• 3CB35DC7-2EEA-4EA6-A09B-6BEA564E2C07.jpeg
    3CB35DC7-2EEA-4EA6-A09B-6BEA564E2C07.jpeg
    340.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 03E4D828-A38B-444C-8310-39D48E250E13.jpeg
    03E4D828-A38B-444C-8310-39D48E250E13.jpeg
    577.1 KB · Views: 44
How much power does the light draw from the wall?

Many manufacturers state a power. But what does it mean? Some add up the maximum rating of the chips, and publish that as their wattage. Others claim an "HID equivalency." These are cheap tricks to make their light appear better than it really is. I'll bet your light draws somewhere between 160 and 250 watts from the wall. The actual value depends on the quality of the drivers, and how hard the COBs are being driven.

My first purchase was a six COB 1800W light. I measured at the wall, and found that it only used 315W. I opened it up and looked up the specifications for the drivers and COBs. The drivers had an 85% efficiency rating, so only 268W was available to the COBs. The COBs were rated at 300W each, which is what the manufacturer advertised. The truth is, each COB was using 44.7W, and the manufacturer should not have pushed the 1800W number. The 315W number should have been their claim. Alternately they could say "Our light with COBs rated at 1800W draws only 315W for optimum efficiency."

This is my main beef with the low-cost grow light manufacturers. There is no truth in their advertising. It makes buying a low-cost grow light very much a buyer beware situation. Many of us have agonized over our purchase for this reason.

Hey everyone, I figure we’ll start from the Germination of the Revolver Autoflowers I purchased them online from Crop and up until recently I’ve had Nothing but Great things to say about them. However lately I’ve had a very poor Germination especially with the Revolver Autoflowers. I purchased 5 seeds and Only 2 Germinated. I’m presently looking for a good place to get Great Seeds! I’m just really Frustrated “however let’s get back to the Grow” I have seen many Autoflower Grows here and I am really looking forward to Sharing with Experienced Autoflower Growers to see if I’m doing all I can do to make this Grow as Good as I am able. I’m going to attach the pictures of my Grow to date to get you up to speed.

Back
Top Bottom