Bag Seed Mystery Grow In 6X4 Tent With 900 Watt Mars Hydro II LED

DonJuanaGrow

High Everyone, this will be a fun grow to be sure. I've collected many a seed over the past 3 or 4 years from the odd Hermaphrodite Nug I'd purchased at different Dispensaries here in Ontario Canada. I'm hoping to have found a few in a pill bottle I'd put aside of Purple Rain Strain. I have those Germinating as I type this. also, I have 7 seedlings already Growing from my Bag of seeds. I find I'm quite good at spotting and keeping Only Viable or as some call Feminized. Dark Brown with leopard spots. My personal opinion that is. I've read many different ways of Germinating Marijuana seeds and a few say that if your seeds don't sink right away they are most likely Not viable. "Not True" in FACT I've had fewer sink than not. Just let them sit for a couple hours or so then push them down to rest on bottom for at least 18 hours to split.
Then be sure to use Damp Not Wet paper Towel for Tap Rooting. I wish I'd have known that tid bit of info BEFORE I tried to Germinate my own very Expensive Seeds. Anyhooow, I'll be checking in on them soon so as to take a few pics. I hope everyone enjoys watching this Grow as much as I do Growing it. Oh Yeah, I should also Mention that I purchased a 1600 watt C.O.B. Full Spectrum LED Growlight in my 3X3 FusionHut/tent.
I'm looking forwards to seeing how it does against the Mars Hydro II 900 watt Full Spectrum LED. I'll mention this to appease all the ~
~ True Wattage output etc etc. folks. lol.;) I'm not sure what the exact draw and output are for both of these lights however I do Know that Both are worth every penny I paid for them and THAT is what Truly matters when all is said done here. I'm off to take pics of where things are at right now with this Grow Eh! I'll post some tomorrow :Namaste:. :peace: :green_heart:

High Everyone, this will be a fun grow to be sure. I've collected many a seed over the past 3 or 4 years from the odd Hermaphrodite Nug I'd purchased at different Dispensaries here in Ontario Canada. I'm hoping to have found a few in a pill bottle I'd put aside of Purple Rain Strain. I have those Germinating as I type this. also, I have 7 seedlings already Growing from my Bag of seeds. I find I'm quite good at spotting and keeping Only Viable or as some call Feminized. Dark Brown with leopard spots. My personal opinion that is. I've read many different ways of Germinating Marijuana seeds and a few say that if your seeds don't sink right away they are most likely Not viable. "Not True" in FACT I've had fewer sink than not. Just let them sit for a couple hours or so then push them down to rest on bottom for at least 18 hours to split.
Then be sure to use Damp Not Wet paper Towel for Tap Rooting. I wish I'd have known that tid bit of info BEFORE I tried to Germinate my own very Expensive Seeds. Anyhooow, I'll be checking in on them soon so as to take a few pics. I hope everyone enjoys watching this Grow as much as I do Growing it. Oh Yeah, I should also Mention that I purchased a 1600 watt C.O.B. Full Spectrum LED Growlight in my 3X3 FusionHut/tent.
I'm looking forwards to seeing how it does against the Mars Hydro II 900 watt Full Spectrum LED. I'll mention this to appease all the ~
~ True Wattage output etc etc. folks. lol.;) I'm not sure what the exact draw and output are for both of these lights however I do Know that Both are worth every penny I paid for them and THAT is what Truly matters when all is said done here. I'm off to take pics of where things are at right now with this Grow Eh! I'll post some tomorrow :Namaste:. :peace: :green_heart:

Hello Don,

I know you are not really new to this, but you did state some things, I believe are not totally accurate. I'm not trying to be combative or argumentative, just trying to prevent new readers from thinking the same thing.

Viable has nothing to do with feminized.

Any seed that is fully grown can be viable. Sink or swim has nothing to do with germination. It is better to keep a seed fully immersed in water if you can, but a "floater" can germinate just like a "sinker", as you stated. The paper towel method is the recommended method, but people do it many other ways successfully as well.

The temperature is a very important thing. Over 70 deg F, but under 79 deg F is recommended for successful germination. Just threw that in there for the new people. It can be done lower and higher, but that range is the recommended temps for most strains.

Seeds that are dark brown with spots do not mean much with regard to femininity or viability. They can be light brow without spots if they have been "scarfed". This can happen with shipping, or if two seeds have rubbed against each other. Some people do this in a pill bottle by shaking two seeds to help the seeds pop open. I'm not sure this works, but some people do it.

Feminized seeds are created by chemically inducing a female to produce a male flower. That isn't the standard hermaphrodite. Some hermaphrodites result from a female staying in flowering very late and trying to preserve her DNA lineage. Other hermaphrodites are just bad genetics and can have both male and female flowers for any reason, or no reason at all. If a female does produce a male flower and is self-pollinated, it may create all kinds of genetic problems with those seeds.Those seeds will have tendencies to be hermaphroditic. This is like a brother and sister having a child together. Not a guarantee of genetic problems but the possibility is quite high.

I hope you create a new journal. Most of us like to watch people grow, for whatever reason. I know you have been away for a while, but I'm sure you will get up to speed quickly.

I'm a new guy. I'm currently on my first grow that I will complete, but have been reading and researching for years. The time just came around for me to complete one.

Welcome to the new and improved forum. :welcome:

I really wasn't trying to convey that Fem seeds and viable seeds have anything to do with the other. As I mean seeds that will tap root. Not being absolute and scientifically correct as all I was trying to say is that In My Opinion A good dark brown seed with spots on it has always been a Female and No Hermies at all maybe I'm just lucky. I personally don't buy into the whole Fem seed gig to be honest If it's dark brown pretty good chance it'll be a female eh! I now only plant what I've collected. Not to say that there are No Legitimate Feminized seeds being traded and sold as well as Big Seed Banks have them. In fact My 1st grow here was of White Widow Fem Seeds
by: Crop King. It's all fun and games eh. U Literal Bastage U :rofl: ;):peace: out :Namaste: Honestly I'm grateful for the info as I've yet again learned more about seeds than I did previously so there's That:thanks: :rollit::smokin: :welcome: To Grow Journal Life
here on :420:.com:circle-of-love: Sincerely: Don.

I really wasn't trying to convey that Fem seeds and viable seeds have anything to do with the other. As I mean seeds that will tap root. Not being absolute and scientifically correct as all I was trying to say is that In My Opinion A good dark brown seed with spots on it has always been a Female and No Hermies at all maybe I'm just lucky. I personally don't buy into the whole Fem seed gig to be honest If it's dark brown pretty good chance it'll be a female eh! I now only plant what I've collected. Not to say that there are No Legitimate Feminized seeds being traded and sold as well as Big Seed Banks have them. In fact My 1st grow here was of White Widow Fem Seeds
by: Crop King. It's all fun and games eh. U Literal Bastage U :rofl:;):peace: out :Namaste: Honestly I'm grateful for the info as I've yet again learned more about seeds than I did previously so there's That:thanks::rollit::smokin::welcome: To Grow Journal Life
here on :420:.com:circle-of-love: Sincerely: Don.

I didn't want to come off as a know all of everything. All of that I've read (in a few places), and just wanted to pass it along.

I'm looking forward to seeing what your collected seeds come out to be. The mystery can be exciting, but not always fun when the male flowers pop up.

I'm very careful to stay on top of the plants sex so as to be sure that doesn't ever happen. I've been lucky I guess as I've not even had a hermi. Honestly I've never understood how any grower ends up with a male in the flower tent unless they wanted it that way .

Back
Top Bottom