Cheap LEDs & Bag Seeds

Ok guys, I chopped the White widow x Big Bud. Two trimmed up, six to go. It's a good high and I like the taste/smell, but I wont be keeping these genetics. The buds were small and the colas did not wow me. It is probably just the pheno but I have plenty of really good genetics to get to. I did an old school dry in my tent and it went flawlessly despite the RH of 37%. What I did was hang the entire plant to allow the moisture in the main trunk and branches to slow the dry. Additionally, and probably more importantly, I choked back the ventilation on the tent to almost nothing and placed wet towels on the floor of the tent. I then placed a very small fan on the floor set to low to blow across the wet towels. I checked the RH in the tent 4-5 times a day and added moisture as needed. I got them dried down perfectly in eight days. The buds themselves never got the hay smell at all although there was a hint of that smell when I would first open up the tent. I wanted to go 10 days but that basement is just too dry in the winter. I havent weighed anything yet, but in addition to the pile in the picture below, I have a 5 qt. ice cream pale almost full that I am gonna squish. The pheno did not produce large buds but it did produce a shitload of them. I just have no desire to trim buds unless they are worth jarring up. Otherwise they get squished or made into edibles. 9 more plants to chop over the next 2 weeks, so I've got plenty of trimming to come. Anyway heres a pic of what will be jarred up for smoking so far. Stay uplifted!
20200118_203450.jpg

Lol and finally a bud pic too!
Keep ‘em coming, Scotty :high-five:
I’m new to squishing and was interested to read one of your/our(coz I’m nicking it) budcellar management tools. ‘Trim it? Bugger that. Squish it!’ Yeaah :p
Thanks for the glimpse at what you got going on. You got it going on!
:rollit:

I got a pleasant surprise last night. If you guys remember, I had to reveg some of my original 9 plants last summer due to a nitrogen toxicity issue. Of those plants, two just didn't look good and didn't really want to recover. so I took some clones from those two girls and chopped them. Fast forward a bit... Three of the clones from one of the plants took and I vegged them and then put them into flower. During the last half of flower, these three plants turned purple. I mean dark purple. Like a black plum purple. The entire plant turned that color except for the three main branches and it was kinda cool. However, they were not terribly heavy yielding plants (medium yield at best) so I decided just to sacrifice them to the edibles bucket and squish some after the chop.

Anyway, the other day I had a jar of bud that was getting a little dry and I wanted to re-hydrate them a bit. I grabbed some buds from one of the purple ladies and tossed them in the jar with the dried bud. The next day I switched them to another jar and then another. Now they were getting dry and I wanted to sample them. When I started trimming them up, the first thing I noticed was how sticky and heavy they were. it seems to me this bag seed plant is part hash plant. I've never seen stickier nugs. I got my glasses on and saw that the leaves were insane with tricombs. I hadn't really been paying attention to these ladies, but I was now!

So, the high is incredible. It's both cerebral and a good body high. Two puffs will do me quite well for an hour. As in "I wouldn't wanna drive" do me well. This is really nice because I have been getting quite a tolerance to my stash. This stuff reminds me of my newb smoking days and I'm loving it! The taste is raw as it obviously needs to cure for a while. Surprisingly, It isn't very harsh even though it hasn't cured at all yet. So far its sweet, but I cant place the flavor. As it cures maybe it will become more definitive. So those three plants are now in paper bags in the fridge. I didn't get many big nugs and I don't deal with popcorn. That said, I'll probably only get a couple of ounces of dried bud from these three plants, but the trim is the goldmine. I'll have over a lb dry and I cannot wait to start squishing this stuff.

As it stands, I have all three plants back in the veg room. I'm hoping for at least one good clone. This plant needs to stay with me for a while.

I got a pleasant surprise last night. If you guys remember, I had to reveg some of my original 9 plants last summer due to a nitrogen toxicity issue. Of those plants, two just didn't look good and didn't really want to recover. so I took some clones from those two girls and chopped them. Fast forward a bit... Three of the clones from one of the plants took and I vegged them and then put them into flower. During the last half of flower, these three plants turned purple. I mean dark purple. Like a black plum purple. The entire plant turned that color except for the three main branches and it was kinda cool. However, they were not terribly heavy yielding plants (medium yield at best) so I decided just to sacrifice them to the edibles bucket and squish some after the chop.

Anyway, the other day I had a jar of bud that was getting a little dry and I wanted to re-hydrate them a bit. I grabbed some buds from one of the purple ladies and tossed them in the jar with the dried bud. The next day I switched them to another jar and then another. Now they were getting dry and I wanted to sample them. When I started trimming them up, the first thing I noticed was how sticky and heavy they were. it seems to me this bag seed plant is part hash plant. I've never seen stickier nugs. I got my glasses on and saw that the leaves were insane with tricombs. I hadn't really been paying attention to these ladies, but I was now!

So, the high is incredible. It's both cerebral and a good body high. Two puffs will do me quite well for an hour. As in "I wouldn't wanna drive" do me well. This is really nice because I have been getting quite a tolerance to my stash. This stuff reminds me of my newb smoking days and I'm loving it! The taste is raw as it obviously needs to cure for a while. Surprisingly, It isn't very harsh even though it hasn't cured at all yet. So far its sweet, but I cant place the flavor. As it cures maybe it will become more definitive. So those three plants are now in paper bags in the fridge. I didn't get many big nugs and I don't deal with popcorn. That said, I'll probably only get a couple of ounces of dried bud from these three plants, but the trim is the goldmine. I'll have over a lb dry and I cannot wait to start squishing this stuff.

As it stands, I have all three plants back in the veg room. I'm hoping for at least one good clone. This plant needs to stay with me for a while.
Nice one Scotty.

Ok, this plant is gonna be part of an upcoming grow, I will probably take 3 cuttings from her and grow those out with two more groups of 3. I have quite a few mothers I want to try. Anyway here is a pic of the one I am currently most excited about. The Gucciberry #15. @CannonTheHooper, I can't send a pic in private messages so here she is.
20200622_125405.jpg

This plant is a beast. Shes only a week older than most of my other mothers and two weeks older than abot 6 of the other mother plants, yet she is already 3 ft tall where the others aren't more than 10 to 16 inches tall. Her branching is quite nice too. It has a very good structure overall. Im excited to see what she will do with some training.

geez! That mother looks great and so do the buds!! Nice harvest and congrats on the dank buds. Growing 2 mothers is on the to do list but never seems to happen lol. This might just inspire me! It would make things so much easier.

So guys, its been a really long time since I've been active here. Life has thrown me some nasty curve balls and I was just done with everything for a while. Its all part for the course I guess... 2020 hasn't been very good to anybody.
All that aside, I live alone now, but I have my house, my dogs, and a nice crop started. Not to mention an ass kicking collection of mothers. I spent too much on clones this past yr, but the genetics are gonna be worth it. Also, I think I will change the title of my journal. I dont use bag seeds every, and I'm sporting a LOT more than cheap LED's. These days Im running two SF-4000's and a few SF-1000's for veg. I think I'm just gonna keep a perpetual grow going, so I'll rename this one. I plan to always take a fresh run of clones or pop seeds every time I flip the existing crops to flower. I'm still in LOS, but I also plan on a few hydroponic buckets to experiment with mega crop. All in all I'm feeling very positive about the future of my grows.

Thanks Penny. It's all starting to come around now man... I no longer hope that I won't wake up. I almost took a dirt nap at one point... I seriously tossed the idea around for a while, but life has a way of keeping on if you let it. Also, I never ran away from shit in my life. I thought about all I lived through... stage 4 cancer, the war, 3 months in the hospital with sepsis and being told I wouldnt likely live. Again and again I've beaten the odds. It would be a shame to end it that way, so I decided to live life with a vengeance.

Back
Top Bottom