Cheap LEDs & Bag Seeds

Hey @Scottsquatch you’ve been on a ride there with a few ups and downs, thrills and spills. Thanks for documenting that. It helps to feel a bit more prepared on one hand, and aware on the other. Knowing what to look for and what to do, you know.

As for kicking yourself while you’re down, dude. Most of us are stoners and NO strangers to doing daft stuff :high-five: We’re all the same animal up here. Bumbling monkeys.

Oh, and @Emilya - your dad sounds awesome :cool: Fun to see you show him the kind of respect people around here usually reserve for the likes of you. :)

BTW how are your plants doing now?

Hey @Scottsquatch you’ve been on a ride there with a few ups and downs, thrills and spills. Thanks for documenting that. It helps to feel a bit more prepared on one hand, and aware on the other. Knowing what to look for and what to do, you know.

As for kicking yourself while you’re down, dude. Most of us are stoners and NO strangers to doing daft stuff :high-five: We’re all the same animal up here. Bumbling monkeys.

Oh, and @Emilya - your dad sounds awesome :cool: Fun to see you show him the kind of respect people around here usually reserve for the likes of you. :)

BTW how are your plants doing now?
Doing great! I am about to transplant into my final containers and then work on dropping a scrog screen down on them

@Emilya , what the hell causes this anyway? I thought I took care of it with up-potting and bringing down temps and humidity, but now it is happening on my second run. I am getting so frustrated. If I cant figure it out soon, I'm gonna lose another crop. the pic below is what it did to my first run.
15669704178381434272046897284690.jpg

As you can see in the next picture, it is starting on my second run. The originals are doing great in re-veg for now, but what's to keep it from coming back if I cant determine the cause in the first place?
15669706712467448317183258723931.jpg

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also, I just got a new Ph pen. A good one and apparently, my old one was quite a bit off. Is 6.35 to low or is that ok? I am not sure if that might be part of my problem or not. I havent changed my water supply at all and it is still RO water so maybe that isnt it as they did really great all through veg and 4-5 weeks into flower. Then it all started going to shizz.

Hey Scott. Hang in there man.
I have no idea what happened to your girls on their first run.
I don’t want it to happen again either, but I have almost nil experience.
@Ganjagrandaddy once invited me to hit him up with the head-scratchers. (Gidday gigiddy!) Let’s see what gardeners with chops have to say...

Hey man. They look super dark green. Are you giving a lot of nitrogen? Could also be heat or wind stress. Possibly nematodes or something smashing your roots. You mentioned some mint looking bugs in the soil? Have you got a pic? Some grubs will go to town on your roots.

Ouch !!!. Them ladies are getting too much of something !.
major clawing. I had a similar looking one in an auto pinapple Express. I was overfeeding her as it turned out . can happen even when feeds are a general strength for the others growing. not all strains have the same needs so is easy to cause nitrogen toxic medium for them. If they have a more sensitive root system to the other strains , a lockout can occur if you ph at exactly the same level everytime. Allowing a slight drift between the 5.6-6.2 ph allows roots to absorb through the whole range for trace elements. If the troubled plant has a more specific nutrient need i.e less strength mix , then she could lock her roots out for uptake . the older one does look like nitrogen toxicity( overfeeding). oddly i recently read a short term fix was to switch to bloom nutes for a feed. made sense with too much N in veg mixes. I need to look back to start for some info i think.

yep, I agree... way too much of something, looks like N, in that soil or what you are feeding them. Your new pH at 6.3 should not be a problem, unless that soil has something in it that is dragging the pH down. Something basic is wrong or this would not keep happening. Lets figure it out... first, lets dissect the soil and the nutes... give us all the details, including how you pack your containers... any layers, etc..

Well shoot, I dont feed them anything at all really. My soil blend is the cali green recipe. I have given them Alaskan fish fertilizer once a long time ago but only half strength. I have given a watering with Urb, liquid seaweed, and molasses a few times. The same mix and strength that cali green uses. Exact recipie in fact. Now I'm "really" scratching my head. It only happens once the plants are halfway into flower.

Well shoot, I dont feed them anything at all really. My soil blend is the cali green recipe. I have given them Alaskan fish fertilizer once a long time ago but only half strength. I have given a watering with Urb, liquid seaweed, and molasses a few times. The same mix and strength that cali green uses. Exact recipie in fact. Now I'm "really" scratching my head. It only happens once the plants are halfway into flower.
halfway into flower suggests even more that they need less N if it is Nitrogen thats the issue. There N needs decline for the flowering period as very little stem growth happens. if they are still locked out due to an issue then recovery usually takes time to show above the medium as its all happening in the root zone initially. sadly soul is not my medium but Emilya is a Goddess of it and will maybe have a more on point solution.

can you give us the recipe you used to build your soil and how long did you allow it to cook? I specifically want to see what is in that supersoil for the bloom phase. From the pics and the description it appears that the plant now has too much N and not enough of something else... apparently a macro nutrient. First glance I think it is the seaweed causing the N overload, and URB not nearly often enough to activate what is needed in the soil.

Well, I'll find the recipie in a while and I'll give the details. Not often enough with the Urb eh? I can up the frequency more I guess. Is there a way to flush nitrogen out if there is too much?Or perhaps a way to make it less available?
stop giving seaweed would be one thing to do for now. You could give urb with every watering for a while too.

The seweed was measured in millilitres as called for, and that was only when I used the Urb.just like cali green does it. So maybe got it a few times total and not much of it.So not sure if that is it. I dont add any extra crap so I gotta say I'm really frustrated. Should I just scrap it all and find a very basic and weak soil mix? I am so disheartened that I feel like cutting them all down and dumping everything in the compost heap out back. If it somehow is nitrogen, I cant really get it out of the soil so Its kind of a done deal right? Confused and somewhat angry about this. I was so careful to follow recipies exactly as called for.

Back
Top Bottom