Mars II 900watt LED questions

Zimzim

Im putting together my first grow room and im looking into lighting. I originally was going to go with a 1000 watt MH and HPS bulb but have gotten pulled into the direction of LED. I think I have made my selection. The Mars II 900 watt led. Only thing is it only pulls 400-450 watts from the wall and I originally wanted to pull 1000 watts or close to it. Plus it only covers a 4x4 area. Im going to be growing in a 5x5 tent. So im thinking Ill get two of the Mars II 900 watts for my 5x5 area. That way im increasing the wattage and ensuring all areas are being covered in my tent. Most of which will have twice the wattage. But, will this be too much? Will my plants love or hate this? I plan on growing 4 plants, fimming them, using some LST, and using a scrog net. In the not so distant future I would like to add 4 ufos, one for each plant, with the red spectrum to boost flowering. If the two Mars II's arent too much would adding the 4 boosters be? This will be my first grow and have spend countless amount of hours researching and researching trying to prepare myself for an awesome first grow. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I own a 900 and it is a nice light.

I would recommend 3 Reflector 144x5W's over the 2 900 in a 5x5. They would give you a better footprint and I like the Reflector's better then the Mar's II's that I have because of the way they focus the light more. I would put two going one way and one the other.( i think but I would have to play around with them) Three in a row might work well too.

It is hard to get two lights with square footprints to cover well in a square tent.

Hi Zimzim, 2pcs MarsII900w will not cover well 5'x5'. The coverage of MarsII900w is 4'x4' at the distance of 24". I am concerned that it's short of coverage during flower when the distance is below 24". I agree with Duke, 3pcs Reflector 144 will give you sqaure footprint, 6.6'x6.6' at the height of 24". :circle-of-love:

Thanks a lot. I will definitely be purchasing the 3 reflectors. I don't wanna find myself shorting my yield due to not enough light.

The reflector series all have the veg and bloom switches. I know that being in just the veg mode you are cutting your actual wattage way down. Would it be ideal to veg and flower with both switches on?

Yes you can veg with both switches on. I have done it before and it works well. But you do not need to.

The reflector series all have the veg and bloom switches. I know that being in just the veg mode you are cutting your actual wattage way down. Would it be ideal to veg and flower with both switches on?

Another thing that is concerning me is the 110V/2.32A, 220V/1.19A. It comes with the 110v cable right? Should I get the 220v cable? The higher the voltage the higher the watts?

Another thing that is concerning me is the 110V/2.32A, 220V/1.19A. It comes with the 110v cable right? Should I get the 220v cable? The higher the voltage the higher the watts?

If you are living in USA get the 120 plug. The 220 is used for the European market and most homes in USA do not have those plugs installed. The amperage concern is only at the wall. Meaning the European 220v/50hz grid is more efficient and cost you less in electric bill.

Here is a great read that will help you make up your mind:
How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Needs

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom