Mars II 1200w led - Is 6 bands enough?

wjason777

Looking to purchase a Mars II 1200w. I notices it only has a 6 band spectrum. But has anyone customize a led? Can this even be done? Or does it make a difference since the Mars II is 1200w? Just thinking maybe the Mars II makes up the differences in spectrums with more wattage ?

Any info would help

Re: Mars II 1200w led. Is 6 bands enough?

There is an entire 270+ pages with the information you seek, from the manufacturer of that light. Sara, there main sales rep is one of the best customer service examples i have seen from any country.. She would be more than willing to ask any questions that have not already been asked..

Also, they do make custom configurations, so you can design your own, if you feel so inclined.

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Have you grown with HID?

Yes in fact I still grow with HID I’ve only been growing with LED for a couple of years.
I have grown very healthy tomatoes, lettuces, beets, herbs and MJ using just 7 band lights. 6 or 7 band lights were the standard until just recently on most lamps.

I have never owned a Mars light.......If I buy another light in the near future I will definitely consider the Mars line of lights. Six bands is definitely enough. My 7 band lights grow just as healthy plants as my latest lights which are 11 band. If a light has 6 or 7 of the most crucial spectrum’s that seems to be enough for most plants. There are many grows in here using the Mars II 1200 and the vast majority of growers swear by them. The only drawback I see with them is if you are unlucky enough to have a problem it can be frustrating in the service dept.
Smokesara is excellent as a rep and will tend to the problem.
One thing I have learned with LED's is don’t get snookered into the stuff that is way overpriced unless money is no object.
Go with something that has a track record and people who have tried the product.

Thank you Zero244:)

As to the band, actually I explained under my topic. there do not have 11band or 12 band. Epistar can not get 11band or 12band. we are using two red, two blue, one infrared and two white, it is 7 band totally. that is the best we can get from Epistar. other spectrums, they do not make,so we can not get from it. People should not think more band better light, if you think so. sellers will tell you 12band, then 13 ,14 ,15, no end. they just want to use this number to beat others. as a personal growers, you have no ability to test how many spectrum they are using, so you have to believe. I am working for manufacture, I know all the details how to make led grow light and buy leds.
I have never owned a Mars light.......If I buy another light in the near future I will definitely consider the Mars line of lights. Six bands is definitely enough. My 7 band lights grow just as healthy plants as my latest lights which are 11 band. If a light has 6 or 7 of the most crucial spectrum’s that seems to be enough for most plants. There are many grows in here using the Mars II 1200 and the vast majority of growers swear by them. The only drawback I see with them is if you are unlucky enough to have a problem it can be frustrating in the service dept.
Smokesara is excellent as a rep and will tend to the problem.
One thing I have learned with LED's is don’t get snookered into the stuff that is way overpriced unless money is no object.
Go with something that has a track record and people who have tried the product.

Back
Top Bottom