Comparison - Mars II Series 5watt vs Reflector Series 3watt from Mars Hydro/Top LED

Re: Comparison-Mars II Series (5watt) vs Reflector Series (3watt) from Mars Hydro/Top

yes, I would like to. :high-five:
Sara, I was interested in a 600w reflector and a tent but I can't message you.can you please message me? Thanks

Re: Comparison-Mars II Series (5watt) vs Reflector Series (3watt) from Mars Hydro/Top

some people swear by lenses, I hate them! reduce photon output and means that you have to have your light further away!!

Sorry for the old thread bump but I have to comment to say thank you as this is the post that lead me to 420 and made my decision on the mars hydro lights. Good information and glad it lead me to this page thanks

All mars 2 light are now available switchable and also Now All Mars reflector series lights are available with 3w or 5w LEDs.
Just contact the company online. That will make you people on the fence take the led leap. :) p.s. Thank you Lucy :)

Thank you Jkvseafood, our new stock for MarsII is with switches, but not every warehouse has new stock. And Reflector has been updated to 5w now.:Namaste:
All mars 2 light are now available switchable and also Now All Mars reflector series lights are available with 3w or 5w LEDs.
Just contact the company online. That will make you people on the fence take the led leap. :) p.s. Thank you Lucy :)

Mars2 better penetration. You can bid on a 900w off eBay every day auctions ending for the 700 and 900 w mars2. You can get the 900's for around 260 with free shipping if you wait until the last 10 seconds to bid. Hope this helps

I'd like to see a 900w for $260 shipped. I did make an offer so we'll see.

Thank you Jkvseafood, our new stock for MarsII is with switches, but not every warehouse has new stock. And Reflector has been updated to 5w now.:Namaste:

Hello SmokeSara, I just ordered my 400w Mars II and small tent, and want to make sure I've got the newest version with the switches on the Mars II coming to me, probably from the Los Angeles area distribution center.

Thanks!

:circle-of-love: Hi Piano, yes, you will get MarsII with switches. Suprise!:cheer::cheer:
Hello SmokeSara, I just ordered my 400w Mars II and small tent, and want to make sure I've got the newest version with the switches on the Mars II coming to me, probably from the Los Angeles area distribution center.

Thanks!

:circle-of-love: Hi Piano, yes, you will get MarsII with switches. Suprise!:cheer::cheer:

Awesome! The light arrived today, and I see it has the switches for Veg and Bloom, which should save a lot of energy and concentrate on the light spectrums most needed during those phases.

It looks like the tent is due to arrive tomorrow, and I can't wait to get it set-up!

Thanks, Sara!

I haven't seen any photos online of the 400w Mars II switches, so I thought I'd share a quick shot before unboxing it.

DSC0206810.JPG

:circle-of-love: thanks for sharing, Piano.:hug:
I haven't seen any photos online of the 400w Mars II switches, so I thought I'd share a quick shot before unboxing it.

DSC0206810.JPG

:circle-of-love: hello manolo, if you order from Ebay, there is still chance you can't get the light with switches for MarsII700w. You can email me if you want more.:love::love:
are all of the mars II going to be with growth/bloom switches? and if i ordered a couple of these off ebay are they going to come with the switches or will i be sent the older model without the switches?

IMG_20151215_190531.jpg
IMG_20151215_133323.jpg
IMG_20151215_133313.jpg
IMG_20151215_133257.jpg
IMG_20151215_133248.jpg
IMG_20151215_133134.jpg
IMG_20151215_133114.jpg

I know that I am butting in here but has anyone compared the Mars products to the Advanced LED products. I am building a new SIP grow room of 240 or so sq ft . I was at first going to go with my tried and true dimmable digital ballast switchable MH/HPS set up. 3000 watts of pure brightness. However after visiting a friend recent LED powered grow I must say that I was surprisingly impressed. He has an Advance XTE 400 on a 6ft track and the results are hard to argue with. I could run 3 Mars II 1600. Does anyone have any experience comparing to two? I know my effective coverage with my old lighting but how does coverage and penetration compare? Thanks for your help. Mods ...I understand this may not be the exactly correct thread for this discussion but I was hesitant to start a new one simply pitting one valued sponsor against another one. I am certain that they both offer quality products or they wouldn't be a part of our community. If I was incorrect please move my post to a new thread. Thanks!

Advanced Led has their own comparison test online... One of their DS200 leds to a Mars 2 400..... I believe it's a bit skewed since it's an in house evaluation of their own product... I don't know if it's 3 times a good as a Mars 2 400, but you can get three of the Mars lights for about the same price as a 185 watt ds 200;...

:circle-of-love: Hi uptheholler, as I have seen here, some growers have acheived good result from both kinds of lights. However, the yield doesn't only rely on the light. uptheholler, I think the best way is that you can compare them by yourself and decide the one which meets your expecatation most.:circle-of-love:
I know that I am butting in here but has anyone compared the Mars products to the Advanced LED products. I am building a new SIP grow room of 240 or so sq ft . I was at first going to go with my tried and true dimmable digital ballast switchable MH/HPS set up. 3000 watts of pure brightness. However after visiting a friend recent LED powered grow I must say that I was surprisingly impressed. He has an Advance XTE 400 on a 6ft track and the results are hard to argue with. I could run 3 Mars II 1600. Does anyone have any experience comparing to two? I know my effective coverage with my old lighting but how does coverage and penetration compare? Thanks for your help. Mods ...I understand this may not be the exactly correct thread for this discussion but I was hesitant to start a new one simply pitting one valued sponsor against another one. I am certain that they both offer quality products or they wouldn't be a part of our community. If I was incorrect please move my post to a new thread. Thanks!

:circle-of-love:thanks for the advice, Dr Fish. :Namaste:
Advanced Led has their own comparison test online... One of their DS200 leds to a Mars 2 400..... I believe it's a bit skewed since it's an in house evaluation of their own product... I don't know if it's 3 times a good as a Mars 2 400, but you can get three of the Mars lights for about the same price as a 185 watt ds 200;...

Back
Top Bottom