2 week old auto flower problems

Stonerdj1337

420 Member
Gday guys. Long time follower first time poster. Just chasing some help & advice on my first grow.

ive got 5 x 00 Seeds northern lights auto flowers going. Basic run down of the tent

1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent
Mars hydro ts3000w full spectrum light about 24” away
6” exhaust fan & carbon filter
1 x 40cm osicilating fan
2 x mini clip fans

using 14L (4ish Gallon) pots
With coco coir and about 20-30% perlite.

these got planted about 16 days ago. I’ve fed them with 0.25ml per litre coco A and B
And 1ml per litre rhyzo. Water Ph’d to 6.2 at each feeding.

I’ve realised after I shouldn’t have fed them so soon.

but can anyone help me with the problems they’re facing ? Are they simply over watered ? It’s my first time but to me they seem to be stunted and really slow growth.
Is it worth keeping them going and see how they go ?
I’ve also noticed a couple of small black spots on one of them.

many help at all is very appreciated. Thanks guys have a good day

Attachments

• 3F5F64B8-B180-4218-BA32-BB557AB04990.jpeg
    3F5F64B8-B180-4218-BA32-BB557AB04990.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,941
  • EF92845A-C45D-4012-A16D-5E31283DA0C2.jpeg
    EF92845A-C45D-4012-A16D-5E31283DA0C2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 325
  • 2266E110-5E31-4DD9-A028-FE004D7BED83.jpeg
    2266E110-5E31-4DD9-A028-FE004D7BED83.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 258
  • 3672DFFE-C3DE-42B0-BDAB-04DB4BAB5472.jpeg
    3672DFFE-C3DE-42B0-BDAB-04DB4BAB5472.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 223
  • EA535B95-8881-440D-867D-3F1EE21ED054.jpeg
    EA535B95-8881-440D-867D-3F1EE21ED054.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 316
  • 02A10456-2062-4B44-9F24-923F259D20BA.jpeg
    02A10456-2062-4B44-9F24-923F259D20BA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 249
Hi Stonerdj, Iam by no means any kind of expert. I have completed about 14 auto grows in 3 years using coco and the nutrients that you are using and up until recently have had very little problems..coco is good like that. I will attempt a guess at your problem. Firstly, I water nutrient early in seed the same as you without issue so I would think maybe that your ph is a little too high. When you do feed next drop ph to 5.7-8. A light foliar feed with seaweed at this stage is super nice for them. Secondly, your light might be a bit too hardcore, even though 24" height, might be a little too much for such tiny ladies...But Iam no expert (seriously). Just remember to take your time and above all enjoy every bit of this great hobby...Good luck with your grow.

Thanks mate appreciate the comment and help.
I have thought it may be a Ph issue so I grabbed the gear to re calibrate my meter and will do for next feeding.
Do you think I’ll be okay with those level of nutes for now or should I cut back to just water ?
Can I just use cannas rhyzo for the foliar feed? And how much should I mix in for the spray ?

I will try raising the light up a bit tonight and see how it goes. It looks like they’re doing a little better now I’ve let the coco dry out a bit more.

finally, do you think the plants still have hope for a decent yield ? I know it would be ideal to keep them going as I’m still learning, it’s just not the cheapest to run if they aren’t going to do much for me.
Thanks again for your help

Good Day, Stonerdj, I would be patient and see if they improve and start growing at a faster pace, good advice for light and ph given, I would def keep them to see how things turn out, they don't need much water or light at this stage some humidity or foliar spray or even spray to water don't need to water the whole container for a long time they will only be drinking drops at a time. Be patient and let them grow for a while. Cheers

Good Day, Stonerdj, I would be patient and see if they improve and start growing at a faster pace, good advice for light and ph given, I would def keep them to see how things turn out, they don't need much water or light at this stage some humidity or foliar spray or even spray to water don't need to water the whole container for a long time they will only be drinking drops at a time. Be patient and let them grow for a while. Cheers
Thanks for the reply mate. I think they’ve maybe just been over watered. Was reading heaps of mixed forums saying to water the whole pot and never let it dry out. I will just spray to feed the next few times. I’ll probably keep going with the nutes as I am because it doesn’t seem like a nutrient problem. Can you recommend a good foliar spray and schedule ? Or is there a post here on it all?
manny thanks

I have never used this but I am sure there is a good recipe on here somewhere. Cheers If you can pass another week the worst is passed, seedling stage is the hardest, they are so fragile. they don't need much

Not likely they are overwatered in coco mixed with 30% perlite.
More likely your pH pen might be off if you haven't calibrated it recently and it may even be higher than 6.2.
I'd try to keep it between 5.7 to 6.0

In coco you need to give some nutrients from the get go especially if the coco wasn't thoroughly washed and then soaked/charged with calcium and magnesium.
I'd do about 1/4 strength nutrients watered daily.

IMO any autoflower that's the size of a walnut at 16 days old is toast.
You can try to see if you can get them outa their funk in time but odds are they are going to start flowering in a week, so you're most likely looking at a single little bud about the size of your thumb.
Autoflowers are touchy as hell, zero room for error the first 4 weeks.

Thanks for the reply mate. I’ll be going home tonight and calibrating the ph meter so I guess will find out tonight.

And yeah I didn’t wash the coco before hand and didn’t pre charge it. Watered daily as in just a small watering ? How much water would you think is viable for a 14L pot ? Or just go with a few sprays nothing major ?

and going off of everyone else’s journals I’m starting to lean towards these being done and dusted. I’ll give them another week or so and make the call then. But it’s too expensive to run for 3 months for a thumb size bud haha

Just thought I’d update you guys. Calibrated my ph meter and it was within .01
I’ve given them a light feeding Ph’d to 5.8 and have also raised the light. Will see what happens from them. Prepared to lose them though. Still waiting on more seeds to arrive anyhow

Back
Top Bottom