2 week old seedling - dark spots on leaves

i11usions

What Strain is it? Green-O-Matic Auto Feminised
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? hybrid (I think)
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg stage
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 2 weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Random soil + perlite
If Soil... What Size Pot? 3.5 L
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 3x 28w cfl
Is it Air Cooled? yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 16c lights off. 27c lights on
RH of Room/Cabinet? 25%-30%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Dont know
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? 3-5 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Not used any fertilizer
Size or Square Footage of Room? PC case

Problem visible on images below. Last image taken day before spots on leaves
I think it could be soil with time release nutrients i dunno... Is she dieing?

Re: 2 weeks old seedling. dark spots on leaves :(

I was thinking about water droplets but dunno. Lets see what happens next

Thx for charts

About 15cm/6inch away two 27w clfs. Im terrible grower its my third attempt and i have no idea what im doing wrong

I would get a pH pen and make sure your pH is in a correct range. Both for your soil and your water. Especially since you are using "random soil". Did you just pick up dirt from the backyard, or did you purchase just a generic topsoil?

UltraDan is correct about how important pH is...also, I see you have a (16c-27c) light off to light on, that's a twenty degree swing, at that young that can shock them, so try to keep a close constant temp from light off to light on, no more than a 10 degree swing at most.

RH could be higher as well, say around 50%. And don't get discouraged, we were all rookies once, so hang in there and keep on keepin on.

Thx for help guys
Ordered ph test kit and i will post ph level as soon as i get it. Bought soil from local store and she said it was for flowers
I set bowl of water to increase RH but its not working. Also growth was very slow before this

Maybe its too late for this plant but i will keep on trying :love:

Use bottled spring water to water with, it's usually RO with trace elements that would help if it is a pH issue until you have pH meter.

Most spring water has a pH of 8.2, might be risky to use with no meter. I use bottled RO from Publix stores and it has a pH of 7.2

Good call UltraDan, I guess I'm lucky, I have 2-3 different bottled spring waters to choose from in a pinch that are 5.5 - 5.8 in pH and I never really put much thought into other spring water...Heavily medicated at time, but no excuse for bad information.

My local grocer's bottled spring water was 9.0 when I tested it. Of course being the Boy Scout that I am, it had probably been here 6 months before it rotated to the front of the line. Surprised the shit out of me.

If you look at a lot of the expensive mountain spring waters, they will call out the pH directly on the bottle, usually under the nutrition facts. I saw one, I think Icelandic Springs, that was pH 8.9 :thedoubletake:

Good call UltraDan, I guess I'm lucky, I have 2-3 different bottled spring waters to choose from in a pinch that are 5.5 - 5.8 in pH and I never really put much thought into other spring water...Heavily medicated at time, but no excuse for bad information.

Make sure your pen is calibrated correctly :thumb:

Make sure your pen is calibrated correctly :thumb:

It gets calibrated every week, it's a Blulab & it stays calibrated really well. Here is the bottled water I use, this report is from 2013 but the water does the same as of today, always at 5.7pH and never had anything different...the spring water brand is Ozarka...this is just FYI (the TDS reading is 39-51ppm but the 420mag logo covers it up).:peace:

Ozarka_Spring.jpg

Ok guys here are some data. Sorry for late post

Tap water pH: 8.2
Bottled water pH (which i used before this happened): 9.0

So im going to use some vinegar to lower ph. Thank you all for helping me out : )

cheers

IMG_057427.JPG

Back
Top Bottom