2 Weeks into 12/12, Small Problem (pics)

CapWasHere

Can anyone tell me what is going on with my plant from these pictures?

IMAGE_00026.jpg

IMAGE_00027.jpg

I suspect that heat was the issue as the plant had grown quite close to my lamp. Can anyone confirm/deny this for me?

Re: 2 Weeks into 12/12, Small Problem

Also, second question while i'm here. The lower leaves are starting to yellow and die. Is this because of lack of light, or is this normal as the plant gets wider and taller?

You may be right with the lack of feeding. Approx 2 weeks ago I flushed and transplanted her. She had become root bound, but I didn't know until we saw the rootball. This is my first grow so i'm pretty much playing this by ear. Anyway, she was transplanted into much larger pot with fresh soil and a mix of worm castings. I had done the flushing as there were some signs of nute burn (burnt tips). While we were transplanting we loosened up the root ball to hopefully get them to grow outwards again.

I have not fed the plant since transplant since I figured the combination of fresh soil and worm castings would be sufficient food. Before transplant I was feeding with Miracle Grow 8-7-6. Probably not the best, but like I said i'm just playing by ear.

We began to scale the light back the day after transplant. We took a week and gradually scaled back to 12/12 where it has been for the last week. The only new developments i've seen so far are more pistil development. Its a closet grow, so it is in an ambient temperature of between 70 and 85 degrees.

I do not have a Ph tester, but it is on the list of things to get.

Start giving her more phospherous and potasium. Look into some organic flowering nutes, such as Fox Farms. Miracle grow is garbage and should never be used to grow cannabis...In my opinion anyway.

Will look into that. As for the potential rootbound issue. How long does a rootbound plant take to come "unscrewed" as it were? I'm kinda worried we didn't loosen up the roots enough.

By being rootbound a plants root system simply has no where to grow...And can get air. So by transplanting into a bigger pot with some added perlite or vermiculite perhaps...The plants will recover pretty fast. My plants usualy perk up in about a day or two.

Some updates. I ordered some Fox Farm Big Bloom. The plan is to use a half strength. We also made a run to walmart tonight. Picked up a couple of poster boards of different sizes to make sort of make shift boxes with reflective walls. Also went and picked up 2 more flourescents with the Plant and Aquarium bulbs. We added one to the plant that was just put into flowering and also put one on our new seedlings box for our purp seed (which is growing at an astonishing rate btw).

Also got a small fan for the closet our flowering girl is in. Hopefully with the Fox Farm i'll get a decent result. Also did too much of this :bongrip: and forgot to get a thermometer with humidity gauge.

Back
Top Bottom