24/7 to 18/6?

No won't hurt a thing. In fact your plants will appreciate the sleep. :peace:

Which is better 24/7 or18/6. Does it matter oneway or the other? I got a buddy that let his stay on 24/7. They get sleep in the flowering stage.:smokin:

Which is better 24/7 or18/6. Does it matter oneway or the other? I got a buddy that let his stay on 24/7. They get sleep in the flowering stage.:smokin:
Depends on who you talk to. I myself think living things do better with a little off time. I know I do. Plus the equipment gets less use and bulbs get less hours on them which saves on electricity and replacement costs.

I hear ya...I'm just a stickler for sticking with naming/description conventions (must be my technical background lol), it can become confusing for some people when they see hours on/hours off and then see something that is not (i.e., hours on/days on). I just didn't want to come across in a negative way like I was complaining!

24/0 != 24/7 (in computer code... != means "does not equal") :surf:

I hear ya...I'm just a stickler for sticking with naming/description conventions (must be my technical background lol), it can become confusing for some people when they see hours on/hours off and then see something that is not (i.e., hours on/days on). I just didn't want to come across in a negative way like I was complaining!

24/0 != 24/7 (in computer code... != means "does not equal") :surf:

lol i feel ya bro.. its all good

I changed from 24 to 18/6 after about 2 weeks of growth and all was fine.

Hey DR.,

Is it okay to leave the lights on 24/0 throughout the whole veg stage or will that hurt the plants. I plan on leaving my lights on 24/0 for about a month and a half. Also, if going 18/6 during veg, does the dark cycle have to be pitch dark just like flowering or is it ok for light leakage. Your help is much appreciated.

:thanks:

The light cycle during veg is a matter of opinion...some do 24/0, some do 20/4, some do 18/6, and variations thereof. Some people say that plants do better with a dark period (search the forums for the reasoning, it's been covered a few times), some say they do just fine without. *shrugs* I've been running 20/4 and my plants did great during veg...also it saves you on electricity :)

The dark period, well, again you're going to get conflicting opinions about this...my cabinet has not been completely dark as light leaks in from the intake vents in the floor and again from the exhaust vents near the top along with a few leaks around the door panel. Plants grew just fine although two turned out to be male which I do not attribute to the lack of pure darkness but instead to seed genetics. As long as you don't have light glaring in on them during the dark period you should be ok, just make sure it is say ~90-95% dark. Don't fret over a few small leaks here and there...night in the wild is not completely dark either and people have even said they've grown plants outdoors near street lights and whatnot with no ill effects. This includes the flowering cycle although pure darkness is not a bad thing :)

Back
Top Bottom