27 Years Ago Today

Cherma

27 years ago, to the day,I was landing at the PDX facility.These were the years that flying from Hawaii to the Mainland with herb was a walk in the park.
I had been living way mauka in rain forest for better part of that year. It was the latter part of 77' when I had found an area that I called the "Swamp".
It truly was a wet boggy area at around 2200' elevation. The O'hia trees were no more than 15 feet tall and a vast amount of water enclosed these areas in the "Swamp". it allowed the sun to penetrate the area very intense like. This combination along with the seeds I had brought back to Hawaii from Oaxaca Mexico, add purely composted pig shit and seaweed, was the fertilizers, and the mix was to this date,as most of my long time friends will tell me, "The Best Smoke that took all around honors.
They seeds were started in Early June and transplanted on July 4th, all males were culled by end of July. By Late October and early November the Swamp Buds were maturing. Most plants were only 4-5 feet tall, some being near 7 feet. The colors were anywhere from a Brilliant Silver to a soft Gold and green with the a sweet smell and the most hash like taste, backed by smooth thick choclate like aftertaste. The Lung effect was like have a wrecking ball bounce around inside your lungs, and then watching your eyeballs fall off in front of you.
There was a total of nearly 8 pounds that year of this wonderful smoke. The days when we could litterally walk on a plane with up to 10 pounds when the airlines or "Ag Inspectors" were usually "A friend" are now over. But, in 75' thru 86' this was the way to smuggle in back to Oregon, or one of the many ways.
I never produced more than 30 pounds a year of fine smoke. Concentrating on quality. Seeds and breeding are my expertise, as well as fertilizers and how to use them.
Thru my homeland connections most of the "Swamp Buds" were gone in less than 2 weeks. In this time the going price was $2250.00 / LB or $150 / Oz.
The 3 most notorius comments I received were from an NBA star, A well known Actor, and Singer. To this day I still smile every time I see them Commentating on a Basketball game, or Singing, or watching one of their movies.
But it was, and is still, my 3 best friends that never let me forget that year.
1977, year of the "Swamp Buds"
Where were you in 1977?

Aloha from Hawaii
Cherma42050

I didnt read the whole thing cause I gotta leave right now, but im going to Oahu on the 29th, you know any bud hook ups there? Im too freaked out to smuggle. Peace.

Trouble in Paradise

Be cautious in O'ahu, it is a beautiful Island but I would suggest staying away from inquiries about herb. If it happens and it is right than enjoy the moment, but do not travel with any. The outer Islands is another situation.

Aloha

Back
Top Bottom