Backpacking And Guerilla Growing

RangerDanger

To me, they go hand-in-hand.
My first 3 outdoor grows were pretty sorry. I didn't know thew 1st thing about cultivation of anything.
But it wasn't hard, I just scratched a furrow in the dirt in my back yard, dropped some seeds in and a few weeks later I'd have little plants (I knew enough to plant in the spring).
But they were always getting ripped up by my asshole anti-pot brother in law.

So 1 day me and a friend deciede we'd go out to the woods and plant weed.
Since all we had to do in my backyard was simply plant some seeds, kick back and watch them grow, I did the same out in the woods. We figured we'd go back every few weeks to water.
Not realizing that in my back yard the soil was fertile and loamy, and the soil in the woods isn't.
We tried many times over the next few years with no success.

I did some reading and talked to friends who were into gardening. And learned that I had to work the soil and amend it, and water it often.
The next year I did all that but I planted too close to the road and they got discoverd and stolen.

The following year we found a almost never traveled road. That was when I had my first guerilla grow harvest. Man oh man was I jazzed. But the road got closed that winter so there was not gonna be any more opportunities there.

It was right around then that I took my first ever backpacking trip. I discovered that I dug the hell out of it and started going out with several friends every freaking weekend.
And in exploring we came across several clearings deep in the brush and figured it would be a great place to grow pot.
It was too late that year to plant, but the next spring we were ready.
We already had a site picked out (after many days/miles of searching) and we hiked in pre-dawn by the light of a full moon. We had hauled in potting soil & shovels and at daybreak got to work. From backyard grows I determined that the ideal depth/width to work/amend the soil was 3' deep by 3' across.
We prepared 6 holes, and a few days later hiked back in and planted seedlings that we had started in the city.

I don't recommend guerilla growing to people who don't like hiking/camping, but we were there every weekend during the spring summer & fall any way, so it wasn't too bad.
We only watered that first backpacking grow once a week and because of that the plants didn't grow that big or bushy, but we did get over an oz. of primo buds per plant.
The next year we expanded and planted twice that many and watered twice as often. Those mid-week trips got to be a drag but seeing how the plants grew and the promise of LOTS of money saved and possibly sales kept us going.
And THAT year we harvested a couple of pounds.
The next year we planted 3 area's. 2 got ripped off, but we still ended up with over a pound.

To me, guerilla growing was a no brainer. In to-days terms, a pound of weed was worth $3,500; it was like someone was paying us thousands of dollars to hike.

We had a "bandito" campsite about a mile or so from our site's, and often we'd go backpack in, camp out overnight and tend our garden the next morning.

Besides ending up with mucho weed for pennies per oz., we enjoyed the "regular" benefits of backpack camping. Catching wild trout, observing wildlife, lazing around in a hammock in the peace and quiet, getting drunk around the campfire, and of course lots of smoking weed.

P.S. After harvest, manicuring and drying, I'd stash my share, selling very little. R-dog on the other hand would put aside an ounce and sell the rest. He's be out after a few weeks and would be buying it off me until I got low.

Your hiking and backpacking tales are inspiring. I have some guerilla spots scoped out, but none far enough to have to "hike" more like 5 minutes from the truck.What about hunters and hunter check points on the way home? That scares the crap out of me. I'd go heavy into it if not for that. Can't figure a way around it where I live. And the damn deer cleaned me out again this year.

I have a woods in my backyard. Goes pretty deep. Nobody ever really goes back there, either. Just my other potsmoking friends and I.

The problem with it, though, is that we don't really have a place to dry them and such. Considering we both still live with our parents. We'd be kicked out of the house if the parents ever found out that we were... growing!

Or the right type of seeds and stuff. But we could easily figure that stuff out here on this site. Maybe just a bit too lazy.

By the way, I'm new. So I just started reading your stories, Ranger. They're incredible, though. I hope to be just like you when I'm older, haha.

:peace: Earth Child

Akornpatch, I only recently heard about hunter checkpoints.
The only thing I could suggest is to rig up one of those seal-a-meal things that would run offf an inverter installed in your car, and triple-seal the buds (just for the trip home) and put the bags somwhere like behind a seat.
Do the checkpoints operate 24 hrs?
And there are simple cheap ways to deter deer.

Earth Child, a possible solution would be to dry in a tent pitched near your grow site.
They would probably dry quicker than what you'd want for optimum results, but some pot is better than no pot.

Back
Top Bottom