2x4x6 Closet Setup

Smokeyjoe

I am trying to set up a small closet grow starting from clones. I have about 9 sq feet of space and 6 feet of height and am looking for any suggestions to maximize the space. I am not sure which way to go with lights, I have done a couple grows in the past using HID and am worried about venting the closet and being able to keep the closet light tight in flowering stage, any suggestions as to method or type of lights would be greatly appreciated!

I have a 2'x5' closet flowering room. I have a 250W HPS hung from the rod.
It has an air cool reflector. I don't have an intake duct, just exhaust ducting, so
it draws air from the grow room. It's getting warm outside, so I stick a duct in the a/c vent and feed it into the grow room at the circulation fan on the floor.
This keeps the temps just below 80.
The closet has sliding doors which I mask off with velcro, painters tape, and black plastic sheeting. Oh, the exhaust is an inline fan that sits on a shelf above the rod. It comes on with the light and draws so much air out of the grow rood that the plastic has to be pulled back and held down or it will suck into the doors!

I have some pics, here's one
pic

I have found a better spot at a relatives house, its an outside shed that's insulated (mostly) and has a use able area of 4x11.5x6.Since I have my card I am going to try and grow the 15 plant limit. I am thinking 6 or so flowering a couple mothers and 7 or so clones at a time.
Budget wise I want to stay as cheap as possible but def plan to use HID to flower, I was thinking < 750$ if possible.
The flower room will be about 28sq feet the veg room maybe 16 sq ft. I am using the basic design from the "Mr Green" videos. Since the whole room is not being used I was thinking of venting back into the main room instead of outside. I have some pictures of the area that I want to post to get some feedback but I cannot post attachments. There will be someone able to tend the plants daily if needed so I was planning on an ebb and flow set up but I am looking for any pointers on how to maximize the flowering room space (4x7) what size light(s) might be good for that size area. Also how exactly would I check to see how much the circuit can give? Currently the only thing running off of it is a freezer.

cat

cat

cat

Ok this is my second attempt at posting them, if they dont show up they are on my member profile, actually the 3 next to yours (Tricome) when you go to the photo gallery atm.

Dude you should just use the light money (and probably a little more) and replace the roof with something that sunlight can penetrate. Then you wouldn't have to use as much electricity and you'd still get phatty dank nugz.

Can't do it for security reasons (too many neighbors).
I am trying to decide on lights and am looking for advice.
I plan to have the flowering area 4x8x6(WxLxH) and veg 4x4x6 give or take a few inches for either if needed.
I am planning on 600w HPS for flowering but was wondering if 1 is enough for that space or if 2 would be a better idea? (maybe 1 HPS 1 MH)
And I am wondering what you guys do for your Veg lighting? I know floros can be used but would a nice 400 MH cut the Veg times?
Hoping one of our experienced gardeners might be able to help me with these decisions! Thanks a lot everyone

Thanks for the tips Allglad!
I think we will probably go T5 for Veg but I do have my eye on a 400 MH.
I saw the equation for energy usage somewhere gonna have to run the numbers before I decide on Veg lighting def going for 2 600W for flower room (MH/HPS) , unless someone else knows a better set up.
I have read a lot of conflicting info on whats better for flowering, my last few grows I have always used HPS so I lean in that direction.
Well I am hoping to get to the store this week and make some purchases, I will keep you guys updated.
Thanks again for the help! Love this forum!

Very nice .... I am working with a 3by6 closet. I keep all plants short and manageable with 2-600 w hips and 6” exhaust fan w charcoal filter

Attachments

• 58C6A12F-73BD-449F-B474-875833700F91.jpeg
    58C6A12F-73BD-449F-B474-875833700F91.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 82
  • DEC02035-6A83-44FB-A936-25D436B139FE.jpeg
    DEC02035-6A83-44FB-A936-25D436B139FE.jpeg
    828 KB · Views: 109
  • 57D997AD-FF4A-41E1-9222-1BC01FE45C54.jpeg
    57D997AD-FF4A-41E1-9222-1BC01FE45C54.jpeg
    963 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom