$4 Million Worth Of Marijuana Found In House, Two Men Arrested

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Diamond Bar - A tip that marijuana was being grown at a house here led to the seizure of 400 pounds of the drug and about 1,000 marijuana plants with a total estimated value of $4 million, detectives said Tuesday.

Two men were arrested as they left the two-story house in the 24000 block of Highcrest Drive on Monday night.

Lt. Nick Tippings of the sheriff's Narcotics Bureau said the house was under surveillance and that detectives served a search warrant Monday.

About 1000 marijuana plants were found in various stages of growth in the upstairs rooms, the master bath and one bedroom in the first floor, according to Tippings.

Detectives also recovered about 400 pounds of the finished product from the house.

The culprits running the operation were stealing electricity from Southern California Edison to grow the marijuana.

"We estimated the (electricity) theft to be $100,000," Tippings said.

He described the grow house as "pretty well-established" and thinks it may have been in operation for three years. And he believes the house was just used to grow the marijuana.

"There wasn't much in way of furniture or a kitchen," Tippings said, adding that all the windows were closed and covered.

The lieutenant said they are still trying to identify who owns the house.

"It's an ongoing investigation," he said.

The two men arrested, Guoyun Zheng, 43, of El Monte and Bat Chenh, 32, of Alhambra, were booked at the sheriff's Walnut/Diamond Bar station
Advertisement
on suspicion of possession of marijuana for sale. Their bail was $100,000 each.

Both were released Tuesday afternoon after posting bond.

GALLERY5.jpg

News Hawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: DailyBulletin.com
Author: Ruby Gonzales
Copyright: Los Angeles Newspaper group
Website: $4 million worth of marijuana found in house; Two men arrested

These people were not growing MMJ within the limits of the law in Riverside County at all!!! Any one that can post 100,000.00 bail is in it for the money flat and simple. Personally I hope that they hang these two by the book if anyone thinks this grow should be legal by law they are crazy. This is just a example for the anti MMJ forces to find a rally point to bring before the public. By the way these two aren't even American citizens!!! RD :peace::peace::peace:

Thank you RaysDad
I agree totally, 99% of those arrested, deserve it.
I am 72 wife is 67, we like a toke for pain and recreation once in awhile.
The pot shops arround here want $20 a gram. That is BS
So we grow 6 plants, our cost is arround $2 a gram.
It is also a better product, and we have spare for our friends.
I have never seen or heard of a dispencery that was none profit.
Has anyone?
Shut up old man lips are sealed LOL
Peace and good will to all.
Stoned :)

Not sure whats going on. We've had some problems with asians growing large quantities here in Washington too and making the rest of us legal growers looking bad. Its that age old enemy capitalism I believe. Everyone wants to be rich.

Back
Top Bottom