400 Pot Plants Found in Indoor Nursery

Weedpipe

420 Member
Two Red Bluff men were arrested Wednesday in conjunction with an elaborate, indoor growing operation.

Authorities believe Joseph Dailey Froome, 47, and Daniel Miguel Ludwig, 26, were using a Baker Road warehouse to grow more than 400 marijuana plants, according to a Tehama Inter-agency Drug Enforcement press release.

Over the course of a four-month-investigation, authorities discovered a "building within a building" complete with artificial lighting, watering systems, cooling systems and charcoal filters to absorb the marijuana order, said TIDE Acting Special Agent Supervisor Eric Maher.

Agents also found 25 pounds of processed marijuana. Froome and Ludwig had been operating under the pretense of Prop. 215 guidelines, but Maher's agency believes the operation was being conducted for profit and not within state requirements.

Nearly $10,000, a firearm and financial records were also confiscated from Froome's Payne Creek residence, according to the release.

Froome serves a promoter for a number of Red Bluff events, including the West Coast Monster Truck Nationals and, at one time, the Nitro Nationals Boat Drag.

A search of Ludwig's residence on Willow Creek uncovered five guns, marijuana growing books and additional documents.

Froome was arrested on suspicion of marijuana cultivation, possession of marijuana for sale and maintaining a place where narcotics are sold or manufactured.

Bail was set at $50,000

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Red Bluff Daily News
Author: GEOFF JOHNSON
Copyright: 2009 - Red Bluff Daily News
Website:400 pot plants found in indoor nursery - Red Bluff Daily News Online

A 4 month investigation....to find plants.....clap clap clap....good job little piglets. Is this how we want our tax dollars spent?.....Oh but we can't afford healthcare for the needy because we need to spend the tax dollars spying on people who grow plants. OK enough preaching to the choir....

poor guys, thats suck..

I thought this had to be another B.C. bud bust.We read about these things so often it's a miracle that there's so much bud around.It just shows the futility of the law enforcement efforts unless their reason for being is the record of their arrests.They have zero affect on how much pot is on the street.:peace:

Nope... they just made 10K... it is better for them to do it this way as it helps fund their t e r r o r i s t organization. They bust them for nothing and get to keep the money.

These guys were released before they spent an hour in jail, and the charges dropped off the face of the earth, never to be seen or heard from again.

Guess it's all about who you know....;)

These guys were released before they spent an hour in jail, and the charges dropped off the face of the earth, never to be seen or heard from again.

So was everything returned or did the t e r r o r i s t s keep the cash?

If they were released and all charges dropped what happened to the seized bud and what about the destruction of the 400 plants?I'm sure the TIDE(why are all these dirty bastards given such clean names?)boys did a real number on their operation.Anyone who's ever had their door kicked in knows what I mean when I say the destruction must have been awful.The cash should have been returned but that would be just a small fraction of what these cowboys did to this grow.I'm sure it was destroyed completely.:peace::;)::;):

This is a hugely political move between the incumbent Sheriff and his opponent in next year's election. The guy with 403 plants was a friend of the current sheriff. While he was "out of town", the other sheriff conducted the raid. I don't know all of the details, but I believe everything, including the cash, was returned. Of course the local papers never followed up on the story. It was summarily quashed after the first account.

Ok lets see.... 1 its called posting bail. 2 theres no charges because they were prop. 215 & SB420 compliant....mabe thats how it went?

This is a hugely political move between the incumbent Sheriff and his opponent in next year's election. The guy with 403 plants was a friend of the current sheriff. While he was "out of town", the other sheriff conducted the raid. I don't know all of the details, but I believe everything, including the cash, was returned. Of course the local papers never followed up on the story. It was summarily quashed after the first account.

Also i dont understand, this site to me seems to be weed friendly and you have nothing but negative things to say about this articale. Sounds to me like a few things. 1. You must be a street dealer and these guys where taking away your bussiness because they chosed a legal route for safe acess. 2. You have a grudge against them for what ever reason. Mabe they picked on you in high school. 3. Or you are a cop that is mad cause you busted a legal Co-op and this is your only way to vent. Whats up with you?:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom