400w MH and 2 bulb T5

corbear

Ok so I'm running a 400w MH and a 2 bulb T5. The room is 3' wide 2' deep 6'tall. The MH is suspended 6" above the plants and the T5 is running vertically in the corner. Would this cause any problems? Like light canceling eachother out or anything like that? I have a vague recollection of someone saying that it could happen if you have too much light or something. Anyone ever hear of that? Or something similar?:ganjamon:

No, on the 4T5 in the corner, I have a 4ft flourescent in my back corner, 4 years now, n o problems. But the 400w mh 6" above the plants, how big are they, I use a 400w for veg, at 18-22 inches up. No burning I take it? What type of hood system?

Thx for the info Cherma. Hood system? Do you mean reflector? If so no reflector just bulb and socket. No burns at all, I was having a ph prob but all good now.

Yeah man 6 inches is close. Sometimes the damage does not happen right away and by the time you notice it may be too late. It sort of slow cooks the top of the plant. Check for crispy feeling discolored leaves or as mentioned above hold your hand under the light at plant level and see if it feels excessively warm.

I have absolutely no probs with the heat. But now I have switched to my 400w hps for flowering and had to move it up because of the heat.But when I had the mh no heat probs at all

Back
Top Bottom