48 Hours of Darkness?

Agreed, however I simple turn the lights off the night before harvest so I don't have to hurry with my crop. As far as the lower an inside buds that missed photons I mix them with the ripe ones for a more casual steady cruising stone thats functionably fun!

Resin is produced day and night. (autoflowering plants grown totally under 24 hours of light still have resin) This 48 darkness theory is a myth. I've even tried the old white widow 2 week darkness and saw nothing but yellowing plants due to non photo sysnthesis.
Now I will tell you that the best time to harvest is right before lights on. The plant is at it's most potent point with the least amount of starch in it. The more light it sees before harvest the more starch in the system.

so if you want all the starch gone then it seems like you would want to leave those lights off...for like another day or 2.

because the more light you add, the more starch, in the end you would want to leave those light off to use up as much starch?

so the 48 hour theory, from what im reading, works both in using up the excess starch, and swelling resin glands. maybe the glands swell from using this excess starch?

does any of this make sence? :morenutes:

Anyone ever tried flushing the plant with ice cold ice water 2 to 4 days before harvesting? This will also help trick the plant into pushing out more resin because it tricks the plant into thinking that fall/winter has come.

I tried it several times. The results are there.. and they're positive results but whenever it comes to actually feeling/seeing/smelling the results, eh.. its almost impossible because the results are on such a small scale really that it makes it very hard to tell a difference. However, it DOES force the plant into thinking that fall/winter has come and therefore the plant increases its resin production as well as other actions in order for the plant to try and protect itself.

Just something to think about.

peace.

When I did this I gave them 44 hours and it didn't do shit, but fatten my buds up with stress seed pods. I would say it's not worth the risk. You want increased resin just flush really well and let it go about a week or so with no water in the end of it's flowering during flush. The resin was jumping off my plant when I did this. I saw people even dry their plant in the soil still and it looked great. Best marijuana I ever had was that plant. I didn't want to even share it since it was so good, but give everyone a taste so they new what they were missing. lol, I didn't though. The plant that stress seeded some pods paled in comparison(same strain and grow specs.)

Back
Top Bottom