5.4 or 6.2 Which is it?

Also soil is buffered with lime- so the oh is automatically controlled for you. . Whereas coco has no buffer.
I did a test grow last year in sunshine mix where I fed and watered one clone at around 4 ph and the other at around 10 or higher. I ran them this way all the way through flowering and they were both totally fine.

I'm dumb as a stump at most things but I do know that a plant dumps hydrogen ions when it takes in certain nutrients. That acidifies any medium and inturn needs nutrilised. That crazy dance happens millions of times second. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I stopped testing pH on last grow cause it drove me crazy. So now I just add my nutes and water as needed, so far so good I guess. I use GH 3 phase and some additives

Some of the fertilizers that are using polymers to control ph are out of this world easy to use. Out of this word expensive to.

Your pH is a recommended RANGE, not a pin point target that must be hit. Meters can and will be off by plus or minus 10%, and if your meter read to tenths, it can be off by at least half of that reading. I love the science of growing but I don't get too worried if stuff is a little out of whack.

Back
Top Bottom