Flyhigh420uk

420 Member
Hey im a first time grower currently growing in coco having a few problems with ph whats the ideal ph when growing in coco im currently phing my water with nutrients to 5.8 when i tested runoff water its reading a ph of 6.2 what should the ideal ph runoff be and if its too high or too low how would i adjust it to the correct level

That pH is perfect. When it goes too low or high just run 1/4 strength nutes though it until your run off is within range. For example if my run off is 5.5, I would run a nute solution through with a pH of 6.5 until the run off is where you want it.

Hi mick what should the ideal ph level be im a first time grower growing in coco coir using the canna coco range nutes my tap water is 7.2 so ive been mixing feed up and using ph down to get the ph to 5.8 has told this is the best ph to feed them at but im getting alot of problems with leaves burning and half of leaves just falling of do u have a ppm and ec schedule i can use from veg to flower because i dont want to loose the money i paid out on for these seeds and any help u could offer me with a feed scedule would be great i usually mix up 10 litres which is 5 milk cartons here based in uk there 2l per carton been using only 3 quarts of what canna reccomend but encountering problems if need to see pics i can send some

I don't own a ppm/ec meter so I can't give you a schedule. I feed 1/4 strength of the recommended dose for seedlings and up it to 1/2 after that. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Yooo fellow uk warrior. I dont do coco but from what ive read you are in the perfect range, id say its probably more the amount of nutes you're putting through than PH. Micks right you should start at 1/4 strength and then build up gradually. I always end up getting some burn here and there cos i think ah shes much bigger now she must need more food... na doesn't work like that lol.
My best suggestiom for you is to start up a grow journal. It will keep people updated on changes to your environment. Be sure to include plenty of pictures aswell as it is much easier to make a diagnosis if we can see what the problems are. All info you need is in this link Helpful Links For New Members

Hi mick what should the ideal ph level be im a first time grower growing in coco coir using the canna coco range nutes my tap water is 7.2 so ive been mixing feed up and using ph down to get the ph to 5.8 has told this is the best ph to feed them at but im getting alot of problems with leaves burning and half of leaves just falling of do u have a ppm and ec schedule i can use from veg to flower because i dont want to loose the money i paid out on for these seeds and any help u could offer me with a feed scedule would be great i usually mix up 10 litres which is 5 milk cartons here based in uk there 2l per carton been using only 3 quarts of what canna reccomend but encountering problems if need to see pics i can send some

you need a RO filter bro.

How old is the plant? Heres the real question... are you using a cal/mag supplement? Can't grow in coco (well) with out it.

50 ppm for the first set of true leaves

100 for the second

100 cal mag and 100 base nutes at 3rd set.

And 150 and 150

Finally you can slowly raise your base nutrients to about 500 (max, 650 w. Calmag) after you have 5 healthy nodes. Watch for clawing of the leaf tips. Any at all and slowly back down.

Ph is less important than ppm in my opinion since most salt based ferts can be purchased with a ph perfect formula

you need a RO filter bro.
Not necessarily. I use tap water and never have to use a cal mag supplement.
Ph of 5.8 is a great for hydro but I believe you should be like 6.5 for coco or soil typ plants.
I disagree. Coco is drain to waste hydroponics not soil. The pH should be 5.8 to 6.0. 6.5 is great for soil but not for coco.

What Mick said above. pH of 5.8 is perfect for coco and the runnoff pH is in an ok range.
Plants growing in coco will need a calmag supplement.
You might also be getting a build up of nutrient salts, I'd highly recommend getting an EC/PPM meter, check the runoff and see if it is elevated and if it is then flush with pH adjusted water until the salt levels drop.
If you don't have one and you are already using a calmag supplement then I would try skipping a feed and try flushing with water.
Some pics of the effected plants would help a lot.

good luck with your grow

@MickFoster That’s awesome to know. I’ve thought I have read coco was the same as soil. I use recirculating method in the pH idealistically should be a 5.8

Back
Top Bottom