5 x Strains All Soil First Medi Grow Whoa!

What is the ph of the water going in? is the water hard?
br

i do think my water is hard and i did my best to get all gal's of water to 7.0 ph before i flushed last time, when the soil was still mucky, the ph even down by the roots was no lower than 6.0 like everywhere, i thought i had fixed the problem but now that the soil has settled the root zone is reading like 4.0 again, where it was bottoming out before at 3.5 and under.

wouldnt this low of a ph be just tearing my plant apart?

ok so the digital pens, to make it clear for me, are simply for testing your nute solutions, in order to be testing soil u need one with the electro probes right?

Are the pens and cheap probe soil testers reliable enough to go by for a few months or should i be trying to get a good one as soon as possible?

I was also told to check out the total alkalinity of my tap water as well.

Hey Blazin the ladies look really good!

The pens are good for checking the ph of the water (water nute solution) going in.You can also use it to check the run off from the soil and it will essentialy be your soil ph. If soil run off is in range your plants are getting all available nutes they need so you wont get any lock out.

I have heard from many people that the probes are not very reliable, but i dont have any first hand experience.

Your plants look very healthy tho Great Job......I'll be watchin:bravo:

Hey Blazin the ladies look really good!

The pens are good for checking the ph of the water (water nute solution) going in.You can also use it to check the run off from the soil and it will essentialy be your soil ph. If soil run off is in range your plants are getting all available nutes they need so you wont get any lock out.

I have heard from many people that the probes are not very reliable, but i dont have any first hand experience.

Your plants look very healthy tho Great Job......I'll be watchin:bravo:

thanks man rep for the advice here and in my trouble thread appreciate it alot!!

Pics tomorrow, any suggestions on a cheap decent quality camera?

If my plant has recovered from its lock out how long should it take to see some decent amounts of new growth? Ive been watching and not seeing much, but i keep telling myself that the plant does its most growing and looks its best when your soil is getting dry causing the roots to send out searching for that water.

In any case all the babies are doing great and ive begun to lst almost all of the clones even the ones that i originally fim'd, im thinking a combination of both might be an improvement to both techniques.

Anyone know can you fim and or top the lateral branches, instead of just the main growth?

ph all fixed gettin ready for transplant clones and 12/12 with 4 laughing buddahs i had to buy some brand name soil with trace amounts of npk in it should i like pick out some of the time release tablets and rinse the soil good before using it if im putting some of the plants into and then budding them at the same time? or adjust my nutes accordingly with the levels of npk already in the soil?

Alright yall im super excited to announce that i have switched the room around for 12/12 and am currently budding 5 plants my 1 old mommie and 4 of her little babies that are about 2-weeks maybe into veg up until today.

So 9-11 weeks from now we shall have some sweet stanky laughing buddha!!!! i know ive been slacking with the pics but i got another camera right now so i shall try to develop at least some shots of everything going on for yall 2 see, check back!!!

Blazin,
You take clones into budding to get an effect some people call "supercropping".
The clones root, then regenerate growth back through the buds.
The plants become very full and lush this way with close branching and a lot of clones available for cutting or just a LOT of budding sites. I never liked this as they end up with alot of spindly weak branches. just my opinion though. I say flower them as they are at least you will get to see what they are and you can re-veg them by leaving a few buds on them, switching the light to 18-6 and feeding them veg nutes.

Thats bullshit. Supercroping is when u pinch the stem and the plant devops nodes around that region. If u have a longer flowering strain its definatly ok to flower a few weeks after your clones have rooted. They will definatly make up for the size diffirance bc they will grow and flower at the same time which means you can still have nice size plants. I wouldnt recomend the same for shorter flowering stains

Thats bullshit. Supercroping is when u pinch the stem and the plant devops nodes around that region. If u have a longer flowering strain its definatly ok to flower a few weeks after your clones have rooted. They will definatly make up for the size diffirance bc they will grow and flower at the same time which means you can still have nice size plants. I wouldnt recomend the same for shorter flowering stains

right i knew what supercropping is and right now i put 4 laughing buddahs which have anywhere from a 9-12 week flowering period and i threw them into bud after veg for only about 2 weeks, should be interesting!!!

Looks good.

About RH: It's just my opinion that it needs to be right for best growth and end result....smoke.

Well what is right? If you look into RH further you will run into the term VPD. The moisture in the air acts on the plants in a physical sense, it is pushed around more the more humid it is and there is the pressure on the plant and so on.

There's way more to it than I can type out here.

My theory: If it's hot I want the RH up to the max. If temp is 84f then the RH should be %80, if 77f it should be 70-75%. Those numbers are based on VPD charts and I can't achieve those numbers. Between 50 and 65 is good as far as Im' concerned. And, when you can achieve those numbers you will have to keep an eye for mold etc. Good circulation is required.

I believe it's most important in blooming but veg is a very important time and they will reward you if they like what they get. :rollit:

If you're having a hard time keeping the RH up then reduce your amount of exhaust fan time, don't replace the air in the grow as often. Assuming that your outside air is dry.

:surf:

Looks good.

About RH: It's just my opinion that it needs to be right for best growth and end result....smoke.

Well what is right? If you look into RH further you will run into the term VPD. The moisture in the air acts on the plants in a physical sense, it is pushed around more the more humid it is and there is the pressure on the plant and so on.

There's way more to it than I can type out here.

My theory: If it's hot I want the RH up to the max. If temp is 84f then the RH should be %80, if 77f it should be 70-75%. Those numbers are based on VPD charts and I can't achieve those numbers. Between 50 and 65 is good as far as Im' concerned. And, when you can achieve those numbers you will have to keep an eye for mold etc. Good circulation is required.

I believe it's most important in blooming but veg is a very important time and they will reward you if they like what they get. :rollit:

If you're having a hard time keeping the RH up then reduce your amount of exhaust fan time, don't replace the air in the grow as often. Assuming that your outside air is dry.

:surf:

Ya wow i never thought to have the humidity quite that high, ill have to do some reading on VPD. But it definetly makes sense that the better the humidity the better the end result, i mean here in Mi during the summer months the humidity is always super dry, you sweat like no other here. Outdoor crops do very very well, I can tell that my plants would like to have higher humidity no doubt, normally with lights on i can only get up to like 35% if i keep on top of it, i will have to try and shut my exhaust off a bit during light on periods and maybe even lower the circulation in the room a bit all together for a few hours a day. I just need to buy a bigger humidifier or another 1, the one i bought only seems to be able to make changes in my 8x8x8 of about 10-14%. When i got the lights on and the humidifier runs out of water my Rh can drop to as low as 20% or even lower considering my meter reads Lo after 20 lol im open to any ideas thanks!

right i knew what supercropping is and right now i put 4 laughing buddahs which have anywhere from a 9-12 week flowering period and i threw them into bud after veg for only about 2 weeks, should be interesting!!!

Would like to c how its goin along. I got twelve White widow clones that were literaly put into to flower with no veg time. Jus didnt have the room to grow all of them so im jus vegin 4 n budding 12. Got them in solo cups so i dnt know if i should feed them or not. If i do think should I go with connoissuer or iguana bloom from A N?

Would like to c how its goin along. I got twelve White widow clones that were literaly put into to flower with no veg time. Jus didnt have the room to grow all of them so im jus vegin 4 n budding 12. Got them in solo cups so i dnt know if i should feed them or not. If i do think should I go with connoissuer or iguana bloom from A N?

cool man ill post up some pics today, the only thing i fed mine when they were in small small containers was like 1/2 or 1/4 the recommended dose of roots organics root drench, let me tell you the ones that have gotten drenched and the ones that haven't are considerably different in like every way, seems to be pretty good shit! Now the next time my clones i just threw in budding get watered i will be using general hydro's flora series, the 3 part + the liquid kool bloom, I would be using more additives to the 3 part series but im a broke ass and as soon as possible i want 2 switch to their organic line, its reasonably priced and i like the whole organics idea anyhow.

You could use a timer for your exhaust, that's what I do.

15 min per hour. The RH does go up when lights off, yup.

Every grow is different of course, because of the cool temps I'm only running it 15 min every 3 hours or it gets too cold and affects RH more than I would like.

Depends on outside RH, I have a meter, digital one that sits outside so I know what the RH is of the air I'm pulling in.

so day 3 of bud, have good growth throughout the room, ready for bud nutes startin back up at 1/4 strength due to the silly shit i had go on with the mom and the clones havent had much but a bit of root drench so onward!

The Momma, hard 2 get her all in 1 photo
IMAG00017.jpg

Lst Clones
IMAG000210.jpg

IMAG00039.jpg

In the Dome
IMAG00048.jpg

Super Lemon Haze
IMAG00054.jpg

Skunk
IMAG00065.jpg

Jack Herer
IMAG00073.jpg

Blackberry
IMAG00081.jpg

Im planning on getin the jack for my next batch from ghs. I hear a lot of ppl hatn on them but i havnt had one problem yet w thier product and have a 100% germ rate w them with no hermies wat so ever. Fuck the haters

Im planning on getin the jack for my next batch from ghs. I hear a lot of ppl hatn on them but i havnt had one problem yet w thier product and have a 100% germ rate w them with no hermies wat so ever. Fuck the haters

right on id have 2 look again but i know that most if not all my seeds were from greenhouse except the skunk is ceres and i had 100%germ as well

Mostly sativa said : "Thats bullshit. Supercroping is when u pinch the stem and the plant devops nodes around that region"
I said "Blazin,
You take clones into budding to get an effect some people call "supercropping"
Mostly sativa
If you re-read my statement I said the above as hearsay "some people call"

Sorry mostly sativa that you mis-read . Take a chill would ya?
Oh and by the way there are several pruning/ training ways that are called supercropping, not just the procedure you asserted as fact.
Google it and stop being an ass, sorry if i upset your apple cart..
Sorry to hijack your journal "blazin" peace out.

Mostly sativa said : "Thats bullshit. Supercroping is when u pinch the stem and the plant devops nodes around that region"
I said "Blazin,
You take clones into budding to get an effect some people call "supercropping"
Mostly sativa
If you re-read my statement I said the above as hearsay "some people call"

Sorry mostly sativa that you mis-read . Take a chill would ya?
Oh and by the way there are several pruning/ training ways that are called supercropping, not just the procedure you asserted as fact.
Google it and stop being an ass, sorry if i upset your apple cart..
Sorry to hijack your journal "blazin" peace out.

i feel violated lol!

Back
Top Bottom